2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an FYI, no need for anyone to listen to any reports of Knicks going to LA meaning anything. Remember, Phil's fiance lives here and I believe Fisher lives there. NY is more out of the way then LA for them. If there is truth to the Pau comment, that is a really bad sign though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Again..makes total sense and means a lot of those rumors about Melo being turned off by Bulls making 16M offer being total crap.

It was reported that the Bulls prepped multiple fiscal scenarios mapping out if they were to get rid of certain players what it would mean for what they could pay Carmelo. It sounded to me like the put it up to him as to which salary and players combo he wanted to roll with.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 17m

Free agent Luol Deng intrigued with Clippers sign-and-trade possibilities, sources tell Yahoo. He's expected to speak with Doc Rivers today.

He'd be a phenomenal fit with the Clippers. I think his defense and professionalism would be exactly what they need to help take them to the next step.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
Melo talked to Gasol about coming to NY (per WOJ).

Melo + Pau is not good enough even in the East. Not even close. Gasol is not the same Gasol he was a couple years back. Melo can continue to enjoy early playoff exits. Bulls without Rose could probably beat them.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)
Melo + Pau is not good enough even in the East. Not even close. Gasol is not the same Gasol he was a couple years back. Melo can continue to enjoy early playoff exits. Bulls without Rose could probably beat them.

Yeah, the Knicks would still be a bad team with Pau and Calderon. Less sucky, but they're not getting out of the conference with that team.

Apparently Dirk signing with Mavs (3 year deal). I heard on radio Bosh @ 18M per year to Heat. Not sure who reported that but was on ESPN 710 LA. Evidently Kobe will have a seperate meeting w/Melo after Melo's meeting with Knicks (per reporter on ESPN 710 AM). Presume Dirk's signing means Melo has informed Dallas he is not going there.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
Apparently Dirk signing with Mavs (3 year deal). I heard on radio Bosh @ 18M per year to Heat. Not sure who reported that but was on ESPN 710 LA. Evidently Kobe will have a seperate meeting w/Melo after Melo's meeting with Knicks (per reporter on ESPN 710 AM). Presume Dirk's signing means Melo has informed Dallas he is not going there.

It's 3/$30ish for Dirk. That could still leave them with about $18-20m to spend.

I'm not seeing anyone saying anything remotely official about Bosh but the twitter is buzzing that $18m is his ask.

Melo still in meeting w/Lakers. Supposedly there was a special guest there. All of Lakers brass, including Jeannie Buss, are there. James Worthy is also there. No current players there, although Kobe will be meeting him after meeting w/Knicks.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
Mike Bresnahan‏@Mike_Bresnahan·10 mins

Carmelo meeting over. Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak walking out with him and his agent. 2.5 hours total.

Not very long.

Edited by woods of ypres

I'd also like to mention that the difference in AAV between max deal in NY considering NY/NYC tax and max deal in CHI considering IL tax is at least somewhat relevant.

NYC income tax - 3.7%. NY state income tax - 8.9%.

CHI income tax - 0%. IL state income tax - 5%

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
There's gonna be alot of disappointed fans here when Melo announces he's staying in NY.

Of course we'd be disappointed, but I won't be mad at the FO. They seemingly have put forth a great effort, so if he stays in NY I'll be saying f*** him and NOT f*** this FO. They can't force these things to happen.

Plus he's not THAT great anyway.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 06:37 PM)
I'd also like to mention that the difference in AAV between max deal in NY considering NY/NYC tax and max deal in CHI considering IL tax is at least somewhat relevant.

NYC income tax - 3.7%. NY state income tax - 8.9%.

CHI income tax - 0%. IL state income tax - 5%

Chicago has no income tax? I am completely surprised by that.