6/22 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
Has it been determined if he is going to start or relieve?

From what I've read, scouts like his upside as a starter so I'd guess the Sox stick with him starting and see how he performs.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
I believe he means this year. If pitchers pitched a lot already in college/HS, sometimes they'll start them out in the pen after being drafted. I'm sure he'll be a starter long term.

Yes, this is what I meant. Start or relieve for the AZL team this summer. I wasn't sure what his workload was in H.S.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
I believe he means this year. If pitchers pitched a lot already in college/HS, sometimes they'll start them out in the pen after being drafted. I'm sure he'll be a starter long term.

I expect him to have workload similar to Thad Lowry's workload last season, a mix of starts and relief appearances averaging 3 innings per appearance.

Erik Johnson in 10 games at Charlotte:

2013: 4-1, 1.57 ERA, 57.1 IP, 43 hits allowed, 19/57 BB/K, 1.12 GO/AO, 1 HR allowed.

2014: 1-4, 6.54 ERA, 53.2 IP, 61 hits allowed, 31/36 BB/K, 1.00 GO/AO, 5 HR allowed. (All stats not counting today's start)

He says he's not injured. Then what's the problem??

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
Erik Johnson needs to face a lineup filled with jared mitchell, matt davidson and Keenyn Walker.

If Mitchell, Davidson, and Walker could face a staff that features starters Donnie Veal and Dylan Axelrod, they could get healthy in a hurry.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2014/...ift-kannapolis/

Recap posted. Does anyone know why Nolan Earley missed the first part of the season?

He was in extended ST, but I think he was playing, so not an injury. I think he just lost out in the competition for Kanny's OF slots in April.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 06:54 AM)
http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2014/...ift-kannapolis/

Recap posted. Does anyone know why Nolan Earley missed the first part of the season?

Someone tell Rob Young thank you for the recaps but if you are going to write you have to know that " must of " is not proper English. It is often misused for the contraction must've ( short for must have) Very often see the same mistake with would of , could of , and should of. Sorry , see it so often in posts and it's my pet peeve.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
Someone tell Rob Young thank you for the recaps but if you are going to write you have to know that " must of " is not proper English. It is often misused for the contraction must've ( short for must have) Very often see the same mistake with would of , could of , and should of. Sorry , see it so often in posts and it's my pet peeve.

I edited the post and it is corrected.

Thank you for reading and catching the mistake!