flavum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
The thing is, a pitch out is a deterrent strategy. Adding up the percentages doesn't really show a perfect evaluation of what it is, and what it is for. Pitchers waste pitches trying to get batters to chase at pitches out of the zone

I agree it's a deterrent strategy but I'd say if you guess right, getting tossed out is way higher than 50 percent. Fan graphs

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
Toronto loves their baseball players I guess

I hope they let Mark face one batter so they can give him the ovation he deserves today. I guess they can cheer after the half inning but we won't see it on TV.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Hope you are kidding. It's a class act by the crowd.

No sir I'm not, the guy missed 6 games with a muscle strain, pretty common injury. I'd get it if he was hit in the head and missed weeks or underwent treatment for a disease or something, but a muscle strain?

QUOTE (Tmar @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
No sir I'm not, the guy missed 6 games with a muscle strain, pretty common injury. I'd get it if he was hit in the head and missed weeks or underwent treatment for a disease or something, but a muscle strain?

But it's OK to boo a player at any time, not cheer one. Cheering one is lame or corny? I guess negativity sells nowadays.