flavum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
But it's OK to boo a player at any time, not cheer one. Cheering one is lame or corny? I guess negativity sells nowadays.

Cheering is fine, but standing ovations are a whole other thing, they are for special or memorable events. Mariano Rivera after a HoF career? Standing O. Cal Ripken playing in 2131 straight games? Standing O. But coming back from a boo boo of your hamstring? Go ahead and cheer but no way a standing ovation. That's like a standing o for hitting a home run in the third inning, nothing special about that.

QUOTE (Tmar @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
Cheering is fine, but standing ovations are a whole other thing, they are for special or memorable events. Mariano Rivera after a HoF career? Standing O. Cal Ripken playing in 2131 straight games? Standing O. But coming back from a boo boo of your hamstring? Go ahead and cheer but no way a standing ovation. That's like a standing o for hitting a home run in the third inning, nothing special about that.

I think it's a class act. They can stand and cheer all they want for their players. I'm sure the little kids there were enjoying it.

If I wanted to be negative about it, I'd say fans pay their 70 bucks a ticket and 25 for parking. They can do whatever the f*** they want as long as it's legal.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
I think it's a class act. They can stand and cheer all they want for their players. I'm sure the little kids there were enjoying it.

If I wanted to be negative about it, I'd say fans pay their 70 bucks a ticket and 25 for parking. They can do whatever the f*** they want as long as it's legal.

You are correct man, they can do whatever they want haha. But as I said in the first post, they look really really lame