Sea Men @ Pale Hose 6:10 July 4th

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Chris Sale is not only not an All-Star, but not an ace.

I don't care if it's in Minnesota, sale better make the team if Hughes and his 3.95 era makes it lol

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 06:50 PM)
I don't care if it's in Minnesota, sale better make the team if Hughes and his 3.95 era makes it lol

Hasn't Dozier been better? I know he has a ton of homers for a middle infielder.

What about Perkins?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
Hasn't Dozier been better? I know he has a ton of homers for a middle infielder.

What about Perkins?

Yea last I saw his BA was low but he had a lot of homers for a second baseman, hope Hughes doesn't make it. He's not even "a twin" anyways, barely joined them this year

I can't put my finger on it exactly but something is wrong with the positional adjustments for WAR is Tyler Flowers if a 1-2 WAR player. Is catching in MLB really that f***ing barren right now that a guy with an OPS below 620 is a 1.5 WAR player?

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
I can't put my finger on it exactly but something is wrong with the positional adjustments for WAR is Tyler Flowers if a 1-2 WAR player. Is catching in MLB really that f***ing barren right now that a guy with an OPS below 620 is a 1.5 WAR player?

Could his hot start have had that much weight?

This is the best game ever. Even Paulie goes deep!

I'm not sure what else Sox fans could want out of tonights game as long as Sale finishes off the shutout. Beautiful night. Beautiful baseball. It's almost like one of those games that makes us like the sport.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
Could his hot start have had that much weight?

I mean WAR is a counting stat so his piss/s*** last 2 months should balance it out. The guys that do the WAR position adjustments are way smarter with stats than I am, and I hate to defer to authority, but they are probably right: it's hard to find a guy that can hold down catcher defensively AND hit above his weight.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
This is the best game ever. Even Paulie goes deep!

I'm not sure what else Sox fans could want out of tonights game as long as Sale finishes off the shutout. Beautiful night. Beautiful baseball. It's almost like one of those games that makes us like the sport.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)

Who said he is that? He's on 0.2 fWAR right now and that's only because his defence has rated pretty nicely. He was on like 1 WAR at one stage too iirc.

Anyway.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 05:55 PM)
Hoping for a big series from Viciedo

I'd say this was a decent start.