2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
most other mocks has him in the top of the 2nd round and climbing. i guess he is having a very good yr. i like it. another player to keep an eye on. see how this will shake up the order.

many thanks.

To bad we don't have a second round pick

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the comp of Furcal for Swanson. I would be ok with the sox taking him at 8, he appears as if he will be able to move rather quickly especially if in this system and that would afford the sox the ability to move Anderson mid season if there are possible major upgrade(s) to be had.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
I like the comp of Furcal for Swanson. I would be ok with the sox taking him at 8, he appears as if he will be able to move rather quickly especially if in this system and that would afford the sox the ability to move Anderson mid season if there are possible major upgrade(s) to be had.

the 2 SS in the draft, are nice options, that I like. I was always thinking the major pitchers would not be there. that is the major college pitchers. however both SS are, according to the pro's, have the ability to stick at SS but they may also move to another part of the infield. I think that is the scouting rpt ways of saying that their skill level can help in other ways.

now, with the injuries, Swanson may not be there @ 8.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
2 more new mock draft.... i think these do show the results of the injured pitchers.

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...draft-4-1-4615/

http://sbb.scout.com/story/1534142-2015-mlb-draft-mock-2-0

this is the 3 or 4 th time i see Greg Pickett - of, being picked by the sox. can someone pls explain why?? am i missing something??

i mean over the weekend i am reading on blogs that he may be rising. but to #8??

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)

after rethinking what you wrote, it may not be a bad idea, get Swanson, and if Anderson stumbles, put Swanson at SS. i wonder if Anderson can play 3b??

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
I think he's the guy I want at this point.

I wish Tucker was climbing draft boards a bit faster. I don't think his stock will realistically move him up to where the Sox will take a shot at him. He is definitely my favorite player on the board. He's the exact type of player that teams should be looking at. He's arguably plus or better at everything except power and I'm willing to bet he's going to grow into that too.

Somebody is going to get a steal with this kid.

Edit: I tweeted Jim Callis to see if Tucker is climbing and yes, yes he is.

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 9m9 minutes ago

Yes, could go top 5-10 picks @OneOfTheMikes: Any idea if Kyle Tucker might be moving up draft boards? If so, how high could he go? @MLBDraft

Edited by oneofthemikes

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
I wish Tucker was climbing draft boards a bit faster. I don't think his stock will realistically move him up to where the Sox will take a shot at him. He is definitely my favorite player on the board. He's the exact type of player that teams should be looking at. He's arguably plus or better at everything except power and I'm willing to bet he's going to grow into that too.

Somebody is going to get a steal with this kid.

Edit: I tweeted Jim Callis to see if Tucker is climbing and yes, yes he is.

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 9m9 minutes ago

Yes, could go top 5-10 picks @OneOfTheMikes: Any idea if Kyle Tucker might be moving up draft boards? If so, how high could he go? @MLBDraft

great news.... i was still hoping he would be in the low first rnd when draft day happens. then draft him at 8 and slot him for the money. a great buy low.

i am looking at this draft with this idea. this maybe the last time the sox draft in the top 10. so draft the player that would not have been there in the early 20's. that pick as i alluded to, may be the last pick early so get a great player. if the college pitchers are not there in cluding Aikens, and swanson is gone, get tucker. this will give the sox a natural 3 - 4 yrs of develop time and he can lead the next wave of young players. the older players contracts will be coming to an end.

a win / win situation.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 07:27 AM)
2 more new mock draft.... i think these do show the results of the injured pitchers.

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...draft-4-1-4615/

http://sbb.scout.com/story/1534142-2015-mlb-draft-mock-2-0

I know I repeat this every time but the Sox would be crazy to pass on Aiken or Matuella unless they believe there is something wrong mechanically they can't fix. I can't see the Sox passing one of them either if Coop gives the OK.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
Debate what though? You should always go BPA in the baseball draft. In the first round specifically, you should never worry about a position.

Definitely, you can always trade quality prospects to fill holes in your roster, so no reason to take a guy you dont like as much when there is someone you think can provide more value. To me, the MLB draft is the opposite of the NFL draft as the goal is to attain as many valuable assets as possible - while in the NFL with small rosters you need to get guys that fit your needs.

I believe this draft isn't especially good at the top, as there are no clear cut top of the draft guys, but deep in the way that the top 20 picks are pretty much interchangeable at this point.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
If Aiken and/or Matuella are there for the Sox at 8 I will be ecstatic.

Sorry to hear about both of them regardless, it sucks.

I wonder if Aiken skips the draft this year and comes back later. He could go to a four year college and be a draft eligible sophomore, rehabbing his arm, and building himself back up to #1 overall. He had $4M on that table last year that he walked away from, so he may not want to jump for less than that.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
I wonder if Aiken skips the draft this year and comes back later. He could go to a four year college and be a draft eligible sophomore, rehabbing his arm, and building himself back up to #1 overall. He had $4M on that table last year that he walked away from, so he may not want to jump for less than that.

i just don't know, i think he is just dropping only a couple spots. still will be gone at #8. this is according to the mock draft.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
Definitely, you can always trade quality prospects to fill holes in your roster, so no reason to take a guy you dont like as much when there is someone you think can provide more value. To me, the MLB draft is the opposite of the NFL draft as the goal is to attain as many valuable assets as possible - while in the NFL with small rosters you need to get guys that fit your needs.

I believe this draft isn't especially good at the top, as there are no clear cut top of the draft guys, but deep in the way that the top 20 picks are pretty much interchangeable at this point.

in most cases, i agree, but when the draft varies as much as this upcoming draft. getting a pitcher who may not develop as one may hope, or getting a positional players with good to even better upside. i will go with the positional players.

that was the whole problem i was having with the BPA in this draft. the talent is in little clusters and an injury can turn everything around.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
I'm starting to really like Ian Happ from Cincy....athletic switch hitter with position flex. Can't ask for much more than that in a prospect. If not him than I would probably go with 1 of the SP that falls not named Aiken. Bickford, Kirby, or Matuella.

preseason, i was extremely hype on Ian Happ, Kirby, Rodgers, and Aiken. i still like Happ. all he is doing is hitting, been on a hitting run since cape cod when he wanted to prove he can hit the hrs.

re Bickford, unless he develop those secondaries pitches, he is look at a pen. Matuella, i feel for him. i just need the sox medical people to check out his medical

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 54s54 seconds ago

Crystal ball very murky, but if I had to wild-guess on @Astros right now at 2 & 5 I'd go with Dansby Swanson & Kyle Tucker. @MLBDraft

dang it :angry:

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 54s54 seconds ago

Crystal ball very murky, but if I had to wild-guess on @Astros right now at 2 & 5 I'd go with Dansby Swanson & Kyle Tucker. @MLBDraft

well i am going to use this thread as a reference of 2 players and add some more.

Callis got me thinking, and as to Callis wild guess, mine i will deal with the top 7. this is according to my guess-estimate. now this is no order.

swanson ---- kirby

rodgers ----- bergman

tate --------- buehler or allard or hooper.

aikens

so that will leave the sox picking #8 and who will it be. based on 4-10-15 date.

now according to callis, tucker may not be there, i do not doubt him, but as now, the mocks having him maybe in the 20's, another name i starting to really like is chis shaw and david thompson.

when all is said and done, these names may be in the 1st rnd.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
fulmer with CG sho vs Ole Miss: 9IP 0ER 2H 0BB 14K

Swanson with a HR and 3b

One or both of them should be there when the sox pick, should be an interesting pick.