Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
Bt4OZVaCIAInvog.jpg

Put out there 4 hours before first pitch. That seems a bit odd doesn't it? Or am I reading too much into it?

You're reading too much into it. The lineups are always available a few hours before game time. Danks was scheduled to pitch so he's listed. If talks get even semi serious, he'll probably be pulled for either Rienzo or maybe even Sale as he would be on normal rest.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
I wonder if it's a given that Rienzo will start if Danks goes. Maybe we go to Rienzo for 4, Thompson for 2, mentally check out somewhere in the 3rd inning and head out to lunch, leave Leury back in case there are more innings needed later, etc.

There could also be a MiLB player standing by

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
There could also be a MiLB player standing by

Quick, someone check some personal twitter accounts. I vaguely remember someone spoiling a move by posting they were in chicago on their twitter then attempted to backtrack. I want to say it was Rienzo.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Still thinking Marlins?

Personally no, but I know there is smoke out there on that one. I think they will be too deep in talks to let him ACTUALLY make his start. However that doesnt mean they wont trot him out there for pregame etc to put some pressure on.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
No idea why Boston wouldn't be able to extend a qualifying offer.

Because being tied to draft pick compensation could potentially limit his free agent opportunities, which is the big reason for contractually stopping his employer from being able to offer arbitration.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
Personally no, but I know there is smoke out there on that one. I think they will be too deep in talks to let him ACTUALLY make his start. However that doesnt mean they wont trot him out there for pregame etc to put some pressure on.

Gotcha. I guess if a trade happens it will unfold rather quickly over the next two hours or so with a nooner start. Thanks for the input Rock.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
What do the Marlins see in Danks unless we pay for every last dollar?

This is exactly what TUC and I were trying to understand last night. It just doesn't make sense but what the hell do I know, its the friggin Marlins.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Still thinking Marlins?

Marlins make sense in that they have a surplus of ML ready outfielders. The Sox will probably have to eat half of Danks contract to balance out the value there, but Marisnick would make a lot of sense to patrol the OF next season.

Really I think the Marlins are more of a smokescreen to get the teams they are targeting to give up more.