Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both major trades today make sense for both sides and we'll need time to figure out who won. Buying low on Craig makes a lot of sense and I think Kelly could be a back-end starter for years to come.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
I don't think they are the same markets. It's like people shopping for a Rolls vs. people shopping for a Chevy.

Danks will be able to be moved after today, if that is what it comes down to. I think the speculation about teams' interest in him probably had to do with a little BS and a lot of having the White Sox eat enough money it doesn't make sense to trade him.

I see what you're saying and they are definitely in different markets. I'm thinking more in terms of teams preferences and/or priorities. As guys like Lackey ( done deal) and Price are moved then the focus could shift to Danks rather quickly.

Also agree on the bs part. Both the Sox and sports writers could be doing there PR to shake the tree.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
Jeff Passan: Yankees looking for incremental upgrades, not big pieces.

John Danks is the definition of an incremental upgrade, come on down New York!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Except Allen Craig was a .300+ hitter for two full seasons before this year.

Was being the key word. Certainly his acquistion shouldn't be heralded as wow, when the price was a pretty good pitcher.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
The Sox have to scratch Danks, don't they, if they have any interest in making a deal.

Not this close to game time. He's been warming up for a while now so all signs point to Danks starting this game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
Was being the key word. Certainly his acquistion shouldn't be heralded as wow, when the price was a pretty good pitcher.

That's not the point.

If you have a track record of doing something over 1200 PA, sucking in 400 PA doesn't mean you're now terrible. Especially when Craig's only 30. He's not 35.

Viciedo's never had sustained success at the big league level. His best season featured a 99 wRC+. That's the definition of mediocre at best.

Edited by chw42