Game Thread- Rangers @ Sox 1:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
The difference is that this year, he did get one month off...

True. Let's see how is numbers look this August and Sept. Maybe he just loses interest.......

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
How does Leury Garcia have a spot on a major league roster?

Versatile defensive player. Saves a spot when you don't need a backup INF and OF.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
Why do we have to have him save a spot, again?

This is a rebuilding/retooling year. The Sox want to see if he could handle it for next year or further in the future. That's really what they are doing with most everyone on the team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
Another series without a homer for Abreu. He had been on such a role before the ASB with his consistent homers in every series.

Good thing he didn't participate in the home run derby or people would start blaming his lack of homeruns on it lol

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
He can't. The Sox know this.

I've thought he has looked pretty good defensively at a few positions. I think you think they know this. I'm not too sure that they think it yet. We'll know this off season.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
I've thought he has looked pretty good defensively at a few positions. I think you think they know this. I'm not too sure that they think it yet. We'll know this off season.

Judging by what Hawk has said, they know he has no clue at the plate.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)

He's he because we have a mascot on the bench, no more no less. He is just an awful major league player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Judging by what Hawk has said, they know he has no clue at the plate.

He has talent but he really should be at AA right now if you look at his minor league career. The fact that he plays multiple positions seems like it's been a major reason for 2 different franchises to push him rapidly upwards.