DEF - Denver

Bench

QB - Cutler

RB - Ray Rice

RB - Pierre Thomas

WR - Kendall Wright

WR - Maclin

TE - Olsen

First time in an 8 team league, all the teams were stacked, I would say I came away with a pretty good team.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
When you play with people dumb enough not to go Manning at number 1 in a 2 qb league, I guess it's possible.

I had the 2nd overall pick finally after always having a bottom 3 pick every year. Usually, my QBs are gone by then. This year, I lucked out. My only concern is if Denver runs away with the division, I know they'll rest Manning. For that reason, I was thinking Rodgers since he should be in a lot of shootouts.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
I already feel sick to my stomach watching Harvin get all these touches. I dropped him down my rankings because of the injury concerns but damn, the guy is going to beast if he stays healthy.

Problem is, just when you start depending on him, he'll get hurt. In terms of lineup, you shouldn't have regrets Week 1.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
I already feel sick to my stomach watching Harvin get all these touches. I dropped him down my rankings because of the injury concerns but damn, the guy is going to beast if he stays healthy.

PPR monster with big play ability. That's scary.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
Problem is, just when you start depending on him, he'll get hurt. In terms of lineup, you shouldn't have regrets Week 1.

If Eddie Lacy finishes this game with a stinker, I wouldn't feel bad. Seeing Seattle force feed the ball to Harvin is a shock to me and I really regret pretty much bypassing him. I get he is still a big injury risk, but damn, hes gonna put up some serious PPR points if they use him like this all year.

I dont know if anyone saw this or not, but Josh Gordon might have a chance to be reinstated and miss no time at all this year. The NFL and NFLPA are about to agree to HGH testing with some changing of the rules for drug testing which would include raising the fail limit for marijuana tests which would make Gordons failed test, not failed, and thus no longer suspended.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
I love me some Skittles.

And some people thought he'd break down this year...

Still possible, but he's got a great o-line blocking for him and he's pretty damn awesome.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)

Still possible, but he's got a great o-line blocking for him and he's pretty damn awesome.

4th straight year I've had him now cause of my keeper and I'm basically always ready for him to break down cause of how many hits he takes/dishes out but he seems to be his own animal. Hopefully he keeps going.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)

I dont think people are shocked to see him have a big game in week 1. However last season after week 11 he didnt have a single game with either over 100 yards or multiple tds. In the fantasy championship week he had 70 yards and 0 tds. I had him last year in a league and needed 5 points from him on MNF vs the Saints in week 13 to win and he ended with 4 points.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 10:12 PM)
I dont think people are shocked to see him have a big game in week 1. However last season after week 11 he didnt have a single game with either over 100 yards or multiple tds. In the fantasy championship week he had 70 yards and 0 tds. I had him last year in a league and needed 5 points from him on MNF vs the Saints in week 13 to win and he ended with 4 points.

He was fine in the playoffs (actual playoffs), averaged around 5 YPC and had 2 100 yard games with 4 TDs.

I think that more or less proved to me that he's not running out of gas yet.

It seems to matter not what I do in fantasy these days. No matter my choice it goes wrong. I pick this turd Eddie Lacy, and he's worthless week one and gets a concussion. Whatever I do, I just wind up disappointed. Meanwhile, everyone who took beast mode (incliding) my opponent just gets to laugh and laugh.

f*** fantasy.

That said, LOL Packers.

Also Holy f*** the Seahawks are good.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
I dont know if anyone saw this or not, but Josh Gordon might have a chance to be reinstated and miss no time at all this year. The NFL and NFLPA are about to agree to HGH testing with some changing of the rules for drug testing which would include raising the fail limit for marijuana tests which would make Gordons failed test, not failed, and thus no longer suspended.

That'd be crazy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
It seems to matter not what I do in fantasy these days. No matter my choice it goes wrong. I pick this turd Eddie Lacy, and he's worthless week one and gets a concussion. Whatever I do, I just wind up disappointed. Meanwhile, everyone who took beast mode (incliding) my opponent just gets to laugh and laugh.

f*** fantasy.

That said, LOL Packers.

Also Holy f*** the Seahawks are good.

Nothing will beat facing Manning in last year's opener. I wanted to quit fantasy forever.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)

I saw that and it mentioned Welker wouldn't have been suspended either, but I did not see anywhere that it mentioned the suspensions would be retroactively rescinded. I took it to be more of a going forward policy.

Either way, I still am hanging on to Gordon in my deep league until I need the roster spot or he officially announces he is not going to attempt to sue to play

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
I saw that and it mentioned Welker wouldn't have been suspended either, but I did not see anywhere that it mentioned the suspensions would be retroactively rescinded. I took it to be more of a going forward policy.

Either way, I still am hanging on to Gordon in my deep league until I need the roster spot or he officially announces he is not going to attempt to sue to play

What I read said that since its a negotiation between the NFL and Players Union they could have part of the negotiations be that its retroactive. Plus, the NFL really wants this HGH testing so it wouldnt surprise me if they gave up that to get the deal done.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 09:16 AM)
What I read said that since its a negotiation between the NFL and Players Union they could have part of the negotiations be that its retroactive. Plus, the NFL really wants this HGH testing so it wouldnt surprise me if they gave up that to get the deal done.

That would be awesome. Not just because I own Josh Gordon in my most important league, but he was a blast to watch play last year. And because both of those suspensions are pretty much bulls***.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
That would be awesome. Not just because I own Josh Gordon in my most important league, but he was a blast to watch play last year. And because both of those suspensions are pretty much bulls***.

Yeah basically what I saw was Amphetamines would be moved out of the PED category, which would reinstate Welker. And then the threshold for a failed marijuana test would be raised, and since Gordon failed his test by the smallest possible margin, his test would not have been a failure under new rules.