9/3 at Twins

flavum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
Not really sure why Lindstrom's getting innings right now. Still shocked they didn't unload him for a bag of baseballs on 8/31. Danks ERA up to 5.12. It would be great if they can unload him this offseason and pay maybe half his remaining salary.

HE SUCKS!

WHY DIDN'T WE TRADE HIM?

QUOTE (1dog @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 02:45 AM)
We don't really have more than a handful of good pitchers in the entire organization. Embarrassing.

The wave of guys close to the majors that have been in the system 3-4 years now is horrible. Thankfully, the guys that have been acquired in the last year (Rodon, Montas, Danish, Adams) look like the real deal. Hahn's going to have to pay a ton of money to fill the pitching holes until the younger wave is ready.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
HE SUCKS!

WHY DIDN'T WE TRADE HIM?

They could have just DFA'ed him or done one of those "for a player or compensation to be named later" to a contending or even semi-contending team...just to get them off the roster and open up tryouts for 2015.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
I thought they were going to a 6 man rotation for the last month.

I'm not sure the point of wheeling Danks out there anymore. They really needed to dump him in July. Now, just let him rest.

Cue discussion regarding the merits of stretching out the shoulder capsule and building up strength/stamina versus the seeming diminishing returns of running him out there every fifth day the last 5-6 weeks.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 11:19 PM)
Second game in a row where Hawk said "Aww, f*** it!" and packed it up early. Very unprofessional. It's almost impossible to defend the guy anymore.

Have you listened to the games? Dudes allergies have really hit him hard. Probably shouldn't have even showed up to begin with. I've been dealing with the same and they're the worst!

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
Have you listened to the games? Dudes allergies have really hit him hard. Probably shouldn't have even showed up to begin with. I've been dealing with the same and they're the worst!

That's the thing though. I can excuse him for doing it last night. He gave it a go but his allergies got the best of him so he left early. That's fine.

But if he was feeling the same way today than they should have had Wimpy or someone on standby. Like you said, Hawk shouldn't have showed up to begin with. But he did. And he left early. Again.

I like Steve Stone and think he does a good job for the most part (especially having to work with Hawk), but he's pretty brutal solo and Hawk left him holding the bag two nights and a row.

But Danks believes they have a strong foundation -- Chris Sale, Jose Quintana, Abreu, Eaton, Garcia, Carlos Sanchez, Marcus Semien, Dayan Viciedo, Carlos Rodon and several young arms in the bullpen -- to build on and aren’t far away from being a competitive team for a long time.

csnchicago.com/Dan Hayes

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 04:35 AM)
That's the thing though. I can excuse him for doing it last night. He gave it a go but his allergies got the best of him so he left early. That's fine.

But if he was feeling the same way today than they should have had Wimpy or someone on standby. Like you said, Hawk shouldn't have showed up to begin with. But he did. And he left early. Again.

I like Steve Stone and think he does a good job for the most part (especially having to work with Hawk), but he's pretty brutal solo and Hawk left him holding the bag two nights and a row.

Geez, no offense but people love to complain about anything. The guy is sick and couldn't answer the bell. Blame the network. They could have found somebody in the press box to come be a guest analyst if they wished. Geez.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 11:35 PM)

lol @ CSN seemingly being able to fly in other broadcasters on demand all over the country.