Adrian Peterson indicted for negligent injury to a child

MurcieOne

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:43 PM)
Over-vaccinating...sheesh, that doesn't even make sense. Over-medicating? Sure. Vaccinations...nope, I can't even fathom the logic

You can come up with a few testable ideas for how this could work if somehow the body's immune system actually got tired or the body got overwhelmed by having multiple things to adapt to, but these things continue to be checked. The autism hoax study, although it has killed a lot of kids already, did provoke a whole lot of double checking to see if there's any other health problems that can be correlated with vaccination rates and as of now there's literally nothing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)
I guess money trumps winning. Once Bud & Nike opened their mouths, it was over.

Why do you say this as if it is somewhat surprising? Money always talks the loudest, and usually a lot louder when it runs parallel with morality(or perceived morality)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Why do you say this as if it is somewhat surprising? Money always talks the loudest, and usually a lot louder when it runs parallel with morality(or perceived morality)

I didn't mean to sound surprised, just amused with how quickly everything can change. On Monday, there was no way the morality police would get in the way of "due process" (and the Vikings' most important player). A few corporations speak up in the next 36 hours and it's suddenly all over, so much for "due process".

I didn't mean to sound surprised, just amused with how quickly everything can change. On Monday, there was no way the morality police would get in the way of "due process" (and the Vikings' most important player). A few corporations speak up in the next 36 hours and it's suddenly all over, so much for "due process".

I heard a good point mentioned this morning. Adrian Peterson and Ray McDonald cases are different in how they relate to "due process".

Adrian Peterson admitted to what he did. He is just denying that what he did was criminal. The NFL doesn't really need to wait for due process. Based on his admissions, they can judge that his actions warrant disciplinary action regardless of whether or not they are determined to be criminal.

Ray McDonald is denying what he is accused of. His case really does need to have due process play out, unless some kind of video evidence surfaces beforehand.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
I heard a good point mentioned this morning. Adrian Peterson and Ray McDonald cases are different in how they relate to "due process".

Adrian Peterson admitted to what he did. He is just denying that what he did was criminal. The NFL doesn't really need to wait for due process. Based on his admissions, they can judge that his actions warrant disciplinary action regardless of whether or not they are determined to be criminal.

Ray McDonald is denying what he is accused of. His case really does need to have due process play out, unless some kind of video evidence surfaces beforehand.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/floyd-maywea...3Da7s3U6y"" target="_blank">as Mayweather said

"[There are] a lot worse things that go on in other people's households also ... it's just not caught on video."

There's more ... when asked about his own domestic abuse case -- Mayweather used the O.J. Simpson defense to try to explain why he was wrongly convicted a few years ago.

"I'm pretty sure that with my situation, no bumps, no bruises, no nothing ... with OJ and Nicole, you seen pictures. With Chris Brown and Rihanna, you seen pictures. With Ochocinco and Evelyn, you seen pictures."

If you didnt get caught on tape, it probably didnt happen

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:08 AM)
Don't think Mayweather is a good comparison. He was convicted. McDonald was not even charged with anything. No problem whatsoever with him playing. Then again the nfl probably posseses video of him clubbing puppies.

Here's the big problem with that statement...in probably a majority of domestic violence cases, something bad happened but for various reasons no charges were filed. The NFL still will have to come to a conclusion regarding a suspension in many cases where no charges were filed.

For a specific example, look at the Rapelisberger case. He got suspended after a report was issued by the DA saying basically "Something bad happened or nearly happened here but I don't have enough to bring charges".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
Here's the big problem with that statement...in probably a majority of domestic violence cases, something bad happened but for various reasons no charges were filed. The NFL still will have to come to a conclusion regarding a suspension in many cases where no charges were filed.

For a specific example, look at the Rapelisberger case. He got suspended after a report was issued by the DA saying basically "Something bad happened or nearly happened here but I don't have enough to bring charges".

I'm saying that in addition to having no evidence of him having done anything, at least that we know off. Yeah if the cops turn up something, or the nfl does, then suspend him. He doesn't need to be charged for that, just hope there would be any damning evidence before he does go away.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:35 PM)
Did anyone see their statement? It sure is good to know Nike cares so much about the well-being of children...

When I posted this, i heard on the Score that the contract was terminated, but on twitter i am reading "suspended".

So, when all blows over and suspensions are served and fines levied, the contract will go back to normal i am thinking

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
When I posted this, i heard on the Score that the contract was terminated, but on twitter i am reading "suspended".

So, when all blows over and suspensions are served and fines levied, the contract will go back to normal i am thinking

I have no idea how this one is going to end up because there's a good chance he's never convicted and I bet the local prosecution even knows it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)

Not really, the idea of marketing is getting a person folks like, to promote your product.

Kind of like how Barry Bonds is not promoting Under Armour. The guy was the poster child for that brand and made it into what it is today.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
Not really, the idea of marketing is getting a person folks like, to promote your product.

Kind of like how Barry Bonds is not promoting Under Armour. The guy was the poster child for that brand and made it into what it is today.

Tiger Woods promotes Nike/Gatorade/etc to this day. He is absolutely a poster child for the Golf branch of Nike, and when all the drugs and affairs and everything hit, they removed a lot of his advertising and distanced themselves from him. the story faded, and he came right back to BAU.

AP is a superstar in the NFL, I dont think Nike lets that go