**Official 2014 ALCS Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
Pauly didnt say that the were the wire to wire leaders though, just that they reminded him of the 05 team. With their SP and BP, and their ability to grind out close games, it isnt hard to see

Said every successful playoff team ever

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Given the franchise's lack of playoff history, 2005 is the only comparison anybody has I guess.

everytime i reply, i am singing the chorus of "Im so fancy" and replacing fancy with salty :D

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 06:30 AM)
Pauly didnt say that the were the wire to wire leaders though, just that they reminded him of the 05 team. With their SP and BP, and their ability to grind out close games, it isnt hard to see

He also said the '05 team won a crazy amount of 1 run games. KC is the same way. Probably what PK and Dye are seeing as well.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
Phil Rogers ‏@philgrogers 2h2 hours ago

The 6 previous teams that have swept a best-of-7 LCS have gone 6-22 in WS games ... There's a trend that screams good things for NL champ.

Why would that possibly be the case? Too long of a layoff is the only thing I can guess that actually matters on the baseball field, the only other possible reason would be "28 games in baseball is a very small sample and you're finding something totally not predictive of anything".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Why would that possibly be the case? Too long of a layoff is the only thing I can guess that actually matters on the baseball field, the only other possible reason would be "28 games in baseball is a very small sample and you're finding something totally not predictive of anything".

I wanted to say that this just doesn't seem like something you would want to call a trend, considering that the teams are different year to year and there are so many variables in each series. I certainly wouldn't want to put money against the Royals because of this "trend"