**Official 2014 ALCS Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
O's just need to find a way to break the mojo that KC has going. Seed some doubt. These are still young guys with zero playoff experience and their riding a high of invincibility. And they're still the Royals.

Actually KC fans are scared to death. They feel once they lose a game the mojo will be all gone. A talk show host was trying to talk them off the ledge saying it's not the case, that they can survive the shock of a loss.

Tonight, DeAza goes 3-5 and Baltimore wins, 9-3.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
Alejandro DeAza is batting second in an ALCS game. That just makes my head hurt.

Buck puts 2 lefties up top of the line up. But apparently Robin couldn't do that all year with Eaton/Gillaspie when Gillaspie was hot.. Some people didn't want it either but when you are facing a righty it was so obvious.

Buck puts 2 lefties up top of the line up. But apparently Robin couldn't do that all year with Eaton/Gillaspie when Gillaspie was hot.. Some people didn't want it either but when you are facing a righty it was so obvious.

I don't have a problem with batting two lefties at the top of the lineup if neither of them is DeAza.

Also, what are the odds that a game ended today on a walkoff error and it wasn't the game DeAza was playing.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Who would have ever thought De Aza would be batting in the ALCS with the game on the line?

Announcers just said De Aza had a breakout year last year... his worst year offensively with the Sox other than this half season.

Their definition of break out was his 17 home runs

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 02:56 AM)
Loved the Bartman rip on Cubs fans

Think about what we witnessed. The fans actually helped Moustakas and didn't foolishly impede him for a f***ing baseball. There could easily have been another fan made infamous tonight in a different scenario.

The Bartman thing remains amazing. All for a damn baseball. Fans can be so fricking stupid. And Bartman wasn't the only guy going for the ball. Slo mo showed that other moron who actually ended up with the ball and sold it was trying to impede Alou as well. Only the Cubs could lose two straight to the Marlins at home like that -- the Marlins. Wow it must be tough to be a Cub fan.

The Yankees lost 4 games in a row to the Red Sox in the 2004 postseasn, don't forget that one.

Two games in a row isn't all that unusual.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...cle2696524.html

Scott Downs a twitter star after playing catch with Orioles' fans/young kids

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...cle2756469.html

Finnegan comps "broke Royals' fan and his g/f" two of his ten allotted player tickets for Game 4

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 11:46 PM)
Think about what we witnessed. The fans actually helped Moustakas and didn't foolishly impede him for a f***ing baseball. There could easily have been another fan made infamous tonight in a different scenario.

I'd have to watch it again but I thought I saw a few people reaching up. It was a lot harder for the KC fans to interfere because they were below field level rather than above it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
No matter what, there's going to be a former member of the White Sox winning a World Series ring this year, so I guess choose who you want to root for.

Off the top of my head:

Royals: Downs, Frasor

Orioles: De Aza

Cardinals: Pierzynski

Giants: Peavy

Hoping the best for Sox legends Scott Downs and Jason Frasor.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
Ten postseason victories in a row for KC, going back to the last three games of the 1985 World Series.

That, and their current win streak was spawned from a win over the Sox on the last day of the regular season. In a way, it almost feels like the Sox are a part of all this.

Only half kidding.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
That, and their current win streak was spawned from a win over the Sox on the last day of the regular season. In a way, it almost feels like the Sox are a part of all this.

Only half kidding.

Remember when the Sox swept Cleveland to end 05 and went in to the playoffs ready to roll? I dont think it is farfetched to believe that at all

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
Remember when the Sox swept Cleveland to end 05 and went in to the playoffs ready to roll? I dont think it is farfetched to believe that at all

That wasn't the Sox that swept the Indians to end 05 that was the Charlotte Knights.