**Official 2014 ALCS Thread**

Brian

What I love most of that Chrysler/Cabrera ad is that I bet you anything, the creators of that commercial were pretty sure Miggy and the Tigers would still be playing right now, lol.

Damn, everything going right for KC, already up 2-0 in the first.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
This Royals team is eerily reminiscent of both the 2005 White Sox but also the 2007 Rockies. Unfortunately, I was betting on baseball back in 2007 and lost about $100 betting on the Rockies.

They're going to have a long layoff between now and the World Series.

So even if Wil Myers becomes the next Mike Trout, Dayton Moore will still get the last laugh, who knew. The team could still use his offense, but when a throw in becomes an unhittable setup guy, that's huge.

I didn't realize how good their bullpen was, that trio has had an all-time great historic season. They will never all repeat that in the same year, just because baseball happens. Way to take advantage.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)

That's good for Shields (worn down), Ventura (ouchy) and Duffy...other than that, no major injuries.

Finnegan, Herrera, Davis and Holland have been used so much in nearly every game that the layoff shouldn't do anything but help...maybe the timing of the bats, but that's going to happen regardless against good pitching.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)

That's good for Shields (worn down), Ventura (ouchy) and Duffy...other than that, no major injuries.

Finnegan, Herrera, Davis and Holland have been used so much in nearly every game that the layoff shouldn't do anything but help...maybe the timing of the bats, but that's going to happen regardless against good pitching.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 06:18 PM)
So even if Wil Myers becomes the next Mike Trout, Dayton Moore will still get the last laugh, who knew. The team could still use his offense, but when a throw in becomes an unhittable setup guy, that's huge.

I didn't realize how good their bullpen was, that trio has had an all-time great historic season. They will never all repeat that in the same year, just because baseball happens. Way to take advantage.

It's incredible how they've limited damage.

Before the post-season, they were 72-1 with the lead going into the 7th.

Maybe between the three of them, they've given up a couple of home runs all season.

Finnegan's made them even more dangerous, so you have the three vets and a rookie on a roll, like Sale in 2010.

As Greg775 noted, Holland likes to put runners on base, but he's only had two blown saves the entire season with his tightwire act...he seems to excel in those situations with RISP and two outs.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
Royals swept the Giants 3-0, and beat the Cardinals 3 out of 4.

Incredible run since being 48-50. 49-23 since.

Shades of 2005 Astros, 2006 Twins...last year's Indians, although CLE was on an incredible run going into the wildcard game, KC just kind of survived the last month and the Mariners pitching basically fell apart the last ten days.

The one important thing that did happen was all the Royals hitters started to become more confident that final month...with the notable exceptions of Gordon and Sal Perez struggling.

Perez is still scuffling, but Gordon's become one of the biggest postseason heroes, along with Cain and Moustakas.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
The hate from you on the Royals is strong my man.

Haha. I've come to terms that the Royals are gonna win the World Series, so my hate has subsided a bunch.

We talked about this in another thread, that 05 Sox team always gets underappreciated for how good they were. Comparing them to a 89 win wild card team doesn't do them justice IMO.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 08:01 AM)
Haha. I've come to terms that the Royals are gonna win the World Series, so my hate has subsided a bunch.

We talked about this in another thread, that 05 Sox team always gets underappreciated for how good they were. Comparing them to a 89 win wild card team doesn't do them justice IMO.

Pauly didnt say that the were the wire to wire leaders though, just that they reminded him of the 05 team. With their SP and BP, and their ability to grind out close games, it isnt hard to see