Nik Wallenda tightropes Chicago

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
But yes, that entire thing was boring. Luckily I talked my wife into just watching the last half hour (when he started). She wanted to watch the whole damn thing.

If they wanted this to be exciting, it could have been if they added Terry Tate, Office Linebacker into the equation. Half way through the walk, Tate tries to Goldberg Spear tackle him off the tightrope.

Then the question isn't who would watch that? It's who WOULDN'T?

But this? This was a very experienced, well trained tightrope walker walking a tenth of a mile per hour across a cable.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
If they wanted this to be exciting, it could have been if they added Terry Tate, Office Linebacker into the equation. Half way through the walk, Tate tries to Goldberg Spear tackle him off the tightrope.

Then the question isn't who would watch that? It's who WOULDN'T?

But this? This was a very experienced, well trained tightrope walker walking a tenth of a mile per hour across a cable.

Let me know when you start making television, I'll be watching.

I thought it was very exciting, but maybe that's because I already knew the 3 hour event would be 2 hours and 45 minutes of bulls***. So we had the thing DVR'd and watched the actual 10 minutes of walking in between periods of the Hawks game.

This stunt was MILES better than his Niagara stunt where he had a harness. That's bulls*** to do it with a harness. Obviously walking across Niagara is/was harder than Chicago, but without the possibility of death, there is little reason for me to be excited and nervous and scared when I watch it. Last night I was actually nervous for him and found it suspenseful.

I watched from Clark and the river, sitting on a ledge by some plants, above whatever that riverfront bar is. I got there at 5:30, so while the 2 hour wait was annoying and made me cold, when he finally did the walk, I got really nervous. All in all, I thought it was cool. We then went to Portillo's and warmed up with a combo, while watching him from our table do his blindfolded thing. It actually was a really nice angle from the tables closest to the front door.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
He was on the news this morning and sad he's trained to hold onto the rope if he falls. He can do so for up to 20 minutes. People on either side of the cable are trained to get to him within 90 seconds. He has a harness and everything for them to use to secure him so it's not like he has to dangle there. Incrediblyl dangerous still, but it's not like they haven't though of SOME contingencies.

But yes, that entire thing was boring. Luckily I talked my wife into just watching the last half hour (when he started). She wanted to watch the whole damn thing.

Also, the "thank you God for giving me this gift," "God put me on the Earth to do this," etc. crap was annoying. No, moron, God did not select you personally to walk on a damn cable for a living.

Yeah if he was being helped by a higher power, I think he should have just walked on air then. Don't even use the wire.