Sox to introduce Samardzija, Robertson, Melky on CSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Samadzija seems pretty damn pumped to be on the White Sox. He's also quite loquacious.

I've never seen interviews with him but the short clip of him talking about the difference between the CUbs and Sox fans made me like him. He seems giddy to be with us. I dont know

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 09:26 PM)
https://twitter.com/drob30/status/545033162959880192

Seeing this tweet from Robertson is awesome. He also seems genuinely happy to be here.

I think he's the most I'm excited for, love how he said in the presser that he looks forward to being able to help guys out if he sees something. He seems like he's going to be a real leader in the bullpen, something the Sox did not have last year by the looks of it.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Actually re-reading, he mentions getting "creative" which probably means trading Danks and eating a lot of his salary, or taking on another bad contract. Maybe a Carl Crawford trade?

Why would they take Crawford if they just paid $14M per year for Melky?

Well one thing for sure. The way that Hahn talked about JR stretching th payroll for Melky, I think we can finally put all the Scherzer discussions to rest. Just hope like heck that SOMEONE in the national league picks him up, and NOT resign with Detroit. What I cant figure out is, if payroll was already being stretched, then why was there a report of us talking with Scherzer, if there is no point or reality in signing him?