2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
The Eva Mendes one was "okay" and then Tokyo Drift was surprisingly good if you rewatch it again today...and fit it into the overall series chronology with Han.

Lucas Black (CSI New Orleans) simply wasn't a big enough name at the time to do much more than straight to video business, with all the primary characters out of the action and on the sidelines.

Tokyo Drift is probably my favorite of the series. I wanted to drift every corner after walking out of that movie.

The new one was decent. If you go into it trying to rip the plot apart, it's really easy, but you just wouldn't enjoy the action of the movie. It's so ridiculous at times that you just have to laugh. The end was very emotional with the Paul Walker tribute. I didn't take his death that hard, but I was on the verge of crying during the tribute. It was very well done and probably the best way to finish off Brian's character.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
Tokyo Drift is probably my favorite of the series. I wanted to drift every corner after walking out of that movie.

The new one was decent. If you go into it trying to rip the plot apart, it's really easy, but you just wouldn't enjoy the action of the movie. It's so ridiculous at times that you just have to laugh. The end was very emotional with the Paul Walker tribute. I didn't take his death that hard, but I was on the verge of crying during the tribute. It was very well done and probably the best way to finish off Brian's character.

it is so excellent when movies do a great tribute to a fallen actor. nicely done. class.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 05:47 AM)
Interstellar...f***ing terrible... I want me 3 hours back.

i understand if you didn't like it, what was it that you didn't like.

for me, i like the story line, different and a twist..... but that ending was lame.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 11:54 PM)
i understand if you didn't like it, what was it that you didn't like.

for me, i like the story line, different and a twist..... but that ending was lame.

Pretty much all of it. McConaunghey sucked (perhaps it's just me being tired of his one-note acting. It was an extended Lincoln car commercial character).The story was far too convoluted with little explanation (even theoretical or make-em-up). They didn't really set up the story enough for me to be engaged about why it was necessary for them to leave (minor gripe I guess). You sorta just get plopped into this story and expect to be all emotionally connected from the get go. The robots...Jesus, how'd they get past the storyboard? Michael Cane looked the exact same despite being like 65-70 and aging 23 years. Casey Affleck tried to keep his wife and kids from being checked out/helped? He just suddenly became a bad guy? Why? And then it ended very quickly. They didn't really explain why being in orbit around the planet was different from being on the surface of the planet. Matt Damon popping up 2 hours in took me out of the movie. The ending just seemed to be a "well, we're confused as s*** and nearly 3 hours in so....time travel!" And the killer - the whole f***ing movie was about Cooper and his daughter reuniting and then when they finally did it lasted 5 seconds and she told him to go away because her kids were there. WTF?

edit: oh, and plan B was was stupid and made no sense because they sent ONE WOMAN TO REPOPULATE THE NEW PLANET.

I mean just the whole thing from the get go didn't work. It looked cool, that's about the only thing it had going for it.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Nicely done, albeit a day late and dollar short in its timeliness, lol.

Beautiful to watch, yes...engaging/captivating....it falls short. Aspires to be great, sure. Is it entertaining? In stretches, but the plot just wasn't so simple and concise as Gravity (convoluted would be a charitable word), which, no matter your feelings on Clooney or Sandra Bullock, was MUCH more riveting and interesting as far as a memorable/enjoyable theatre going experience.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
Pretty much all of it. McConaunghey sucked (perhaps it's just me being tired of his one-note acting. It was an extended Lincoln car commercial character).The story was far too convoluted with little explanation (even theoretical or make-em-up). They didn't really set up the story enough for me to be engaged about why it was necessary for them to leave (minor gripe I guess). You sorta just get plopped into this story and expect to be all emotionally connected from the get go. The robots...Jesus, how'd they get past the storyboard? Michael Cane looked the exact same despite being like 65-70 and aging 23 years. Casey Affleck tried to keep his wife and kids from being checked out/helped? He just suddenly became a bad guy? Why? And then it ended very quickly. They didn't really explain why being in orbit around the planet was different from being on the surface of the planet. Matt Damon popping up 2 hours in took me out of the movie. The ending just seemed to be a "well, we're confused as s*** and nearly 3 hours in so....time travel!" And the killer - the whole f***ing movie was about Cooper and his daughter reuniting and then when they finally did it lasted 5 seconds and she told him to go away because her kids were there. WTF?

edit: oh, and plan B was was stupid and made no sense because they sent ONE WOMAN TO REPOPULATE THE NEW PLANET.

I mean just the whole thing from the get go didn't work. It looked cool, that's about the only thing it had going for it.

thanks i appreciate your opinion.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
Nicely done, albeit a day late and dollar short in its timeliness, lol.

Beautiful to watch, yes...engaging/captivating....it falls short. Aspires to be great, sure. Is it entertaining? In stretches, but the plot just wasn't so simple and concise as Gravity (convoluted would be a charitable word), which, no matter your feelings on Clooney or Sandra Bullock, was MUCH more riveting and interesting as far as a memorable/enjoyable theatre going experience.

well i appreciate your opinion as well. but for me, i just took it as entertainment value, as i said, the ending was not too thought out, or maybe it was. either way, how was it received in the area you live.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
well i appreciate your opinion as well. but for me, i just took it as entertainment value, as i said, the ending was not too thought out, or maybe it was. either way, how was it received in the area you live.

It did very well in China, but not as well as Gravity, which was hugely popular.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 07:02 AM)
The Equalizer was crazy good fun. Not much of a detailed plot, but it worked. Denzel was amazing as McCall.

4 out of 5 stars

I loved it too. My wife was rolling her eyes at me when I was cheering on McCall everytime he turned badass.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
I loved it too. My wife was rolling her eyes at me when I was cheering on McCall everytime he turned badass.

The first scene where

he goes off on the pimps

, I was like "YEAH!!!" My wife was like "Eugh!"

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
The first scene where

he goes off on the pimps

, I was like "YEAH!!!" My wife was like "Eugh!"

LOL yeah I loved that part. It was such a fun movie I was saying he is the dude every guy dreams about being able to fight and defend.

last nite went and saw furious 7..... great entertainment. glad kurt russell was in the movie. i always like him as a actor. he was good in lots of early movies esp Tequila Sunrise. my date started to tear up on the ending.... i think i like her. not ashame of that. that kool.

today left the sports club early, couldn't stomach it any longer, we went to see women in gold. i was sobering up by this time, so i think i have to see it again. but my impression...... a great freaking movie. unusual directing and editing. i like it. i think it is new. i opinon, in a hazy way of judgeing...... academy award movie.

the directing and editing of this movie is, i think something new in the way they did it, i think. i can't recall it being done like this or for a great amount in the movie. this is and will be, i believe it will get recognize come academy award time.

whew.... i should refrain from making any post when i am, umm not in the condition to type,

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
It Follows was one of the better horror movies I've seen in a while. Loved the score as well.

I cant make up my mind whether or not I loved that movie or hated it. I loved a lot of elements to the movie like the musical score that made you feel uncomfortable. It had a classic feel with not showing a ton of blood and guts but still being horror. Plus it wasnt full blown demonic like all the other crappy movies out now.

But then there were some points in the movie where I am thinking about the actual story and the writing and I am like THIS MOVIE IS SO f***ING STUPID. And hearing other people after this was the main theme of how they felt. People hated it.