2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 01:22 AM)
Snatch was great.

in that first week in the xmas holidays, i went and saw it 3 or 4 times, i took friends and family.... my family didn't get into but i laugh.

the yr before i went to england and took my family, and those cab drivers are mostly traveler / gypsy and there was no way i understood them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
I love the golden globes. At least they are self-aware it's just a big excuse to get stars drunk and dressed up.

True. But people shouldn't put stock into it as a legit awards show. I liked Poehler and Fey hosting but not interested in Gervais.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
I think he is already starting the next movie.

Anyway, this looks really good. I think a lot of people overreacted to the Entertainment Weekly cover.

My reaction was not "this looks really good"...I was unimpressed.

However, that was also similar to my reaction to the "First class" previews and I loved that one.

99 Homes was excellent, albeit quite hard to stomach.

Michael Shannon movies tend to have that effect...which means he's doing his job well. Andrew Garfield was the perfect foil for his avaricious real estate broker.

Room, Carol, and Beasts of No Nation are next on the list.

Trying to decide whether to see Point Break here in China...already been out a week since it's a co-production so it skirts the 34 film limit of imported US films per year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-trailer/

Singer, it's time to hand the reigns to someone else.

This looks awesome.

I’ve been called many things over many lifetimes. Ra. Krishna. Yahweh.

That has to be my favorite single line of dialogue that I've heard all year.

I love the Singer X-Films but my biggest complaint about them is that they are too short and don't always dive all the way in. An example of that would be in Days of Futures Past, when Vaughn was the director, he said that he would spend ample time in the future setting and he described his take on it as 'X Men meets Terminator'. Anyone who read the comic knows that the future setting plays a huge role in the story but it was only in the film for about 20 minutes. Singer said that Apocalypse is the longest film in the series and its the biggest in terms of scope and scale. Which makes me happy.

I really like how Fox is approaching the X-Men franchise, rather than doing a full reboot, they retconned everything by creating an alternate timeline, which allows them to recast and whatnot.

In my opinion, Singer is the perfect person to direct and godfather these movies. I remember watching an interview him on Charlie Rose, when he was during press for one of his films and he said that at it's core the X Men are about an oppressed people, fighting for their acceptance in the face of bigotry. With Bryan Singer, being a gay, Jewish man he brings something personal to the movies that you would not get from most directors. A good example of this would be the Iceman arc in X2. Fox was supposed to market Days of Futures Past as Bryan Singer's big comeback. He did a ton of press during production and while in post but after those (false) allegations about him came out, Fox halted on that angle of the marketing.

I wonder what Disney/Marvel is thinking, because as it stands they are never going to get the X-Men films right back. I do know for a fact that if this movie or any Xfilm has tie-in video games/comics, merchandise and toys, that all of that money goes straight to Disney. They even stopped marketing the XMen in the comics. Maybe they stop publishing and manufacturing all things XMen and try to suffocate the property to hurt Fox, like they did previously with Fantastic Four.

Of course they can buy the rights back but Fox isn't stupid enough to give away their biggest franchise but if Disney were to buy it back, some people say that it would rival what they paid for Lucasfilm. Which goes to show you how big the XMen universe is and its franchise potential. There are currently 2 films about to be released (Deadpool and Apocalypse), another 4 films (Wolverine, Young Mutants, X Force and Gambit) in active development and 2 TV shows being worked on.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 03:00 AM)
This looks awesome.

I’ve been called many things over many lifetimes. Ra. Krishna. Yahweh.

That has to be my favorite single line of dialogue that I've heard all year.

I love the Singer X-Films but my biggest complaint about them is that they are too short and don't always dive all the way in. An example of that would be in Days of Futures Past, when Vaughn was the director, he said that he would spend ample time in the future setting and he described his take on it as 'X Men meets Terminator'. Anyone who read the comic knows that the future setting plays a huge role in the story but it was only in the film for about 20 minutes. Singer said that Apocalypse is the longest film in the series and its the biggest in terms of scope and scale. Which makes me happy.

I really like how Fox is approaching the X-Men franchise, rather than doing a full reboot, they retconned everything by creating an alternate timeline, which allows them to recast and whatnot.

In my opinion, Singer is the perfect person to direct and godfather these movies. I remember watching an interview him on Charlie Rose, when he was during press for one of his films and he said that at it's core the X Men are about an oppressed people, fighting for their acceptance in the face of bigotry. With Bryan Singer, being a gay, Jewish man he brings something personal to the movies that you would not get from most directors. A good example of this would be the Iceman arc in X2. Fox was supposed to market Days of Futures Past as Bryan Singer's big comeback. He did a ton of press during production and while in post but after those (false) allegations about him came out, Fox halted on that angle of the marketing.

I wonder what Disney/Marvel is thinking, because as it stands they are never going to get the X-Men films right back. I do know for a fact that if this movie or any Xfilm has tie-in video games/comics, merchandise and toys, that all of that money goes straight to Disney. They even stopped marketing the XMen in the comics. Maybe they stop publishing and manufacturing all things XMen and try to suffocate the property to hurt Fox, like they did previously with Fantastic Four.

Of course they can buy the rights back but Fox isn't stupid enough to give away their biggest franchise but if Disney were to buy it back, some people say that it would rival what they paid for Lucasfilm. Which goes to show you how big the XMen universe is and its franchise potential. There are currently 2 films about to be released (Deadpool and Apocalypse), another 4 films (Wolverine, Young Mutants, X Force and Gambit) in active development and 2 TV shows being worked on.

Marvel has effectively killed off the X Men as mutants, just like they did with F4. I'm sure they would like to use the characters at some point but I doubt they are losing any sleep. Maybe Singer can keep on making green screen crap and finally the fans will realize that the product is sanitized crap and stay away. I doubt it though, people keep lining up to see Transformers movies and they are terrible. Fox has made exactly one good movie since X2 and it wasn't singer that directed it, it was Matthew Vaughn, the Wolverine movies are trash. The only thing that looks decent is Deadpool and that's because Fox had to bend and allow the director to do it correctly instead of f***ing with it like they have every other property they have.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)
Creed was pretty darned good...albeit the sequence of boxing-related events about as likely in real life as Draft Day.

And as lost as Mr. Jordan was in Fantastic Four, this was a far meatier role....he had the same director to work with as Fruitvale Station, too.

From what I read, Jordan was one of the few bright spots of F4

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
Creed was pretty darned good...albeit the sequence of boxing-related events about as likely in real life as Draft Day.

And as lost as Mr. Jordan was in Fantastic Four, this was a far meatier role....he had the same director to work with as Fruitvale Station, too.

i totally agree with creed, i am not a stallone fan, but it provided the next step in life and the new group coming in. if they do a 2 nd movie, i would be interested on the story line.

Saw Brooklyn. Not a movie I would usually go see, but my fiancee wanted to go and it had great ratings. Terrific movie. I would recommend it to anyone. Great storyline, and a terrific time piece. The lead actress, Saoirse Ronan, was phenomenal. I could see her getting an Oscar nomination. She actually is the youngest to receive an Oscar nomination (She got one at 13 years old for Atonement).