Rodon's next start will be at Charlotte

BlackSox13

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/105...ick-majors-leap

"He's worth every amount of money we paid him," said Tyler Danish, a right-handed starter in the White Sox organization who pitched with Rodon at Class A Winston-Salem. "His slider is one of the most devastating pitches I've ever seen, and the kid works hard. When you are around him, you don't know he's the third pick. Just a great kid."

Click the video to hear Hahn talk about Rodon.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 6, 2015 -> 06:42 PM)
http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/105...ick-majors-leap

"He's worth every amount of money we paid him," said Tyler Danish, a right-handed starter in the White Sox organization who pitched with Rodon at Class A Winston-Salem. "His slider is one of the most devastating pitches I've ever seen, and the kid works hard. When you are around him, you don't know he's the third pick. Just a great kid."

Click the video to hear Hahn talk about Rodon.

Funny to see Tyler Danish talking about someone two years his senior as "just a great kid".

Since we're talking about it, I don't mind Danish calling Rodon a kid. If a 5 year old calls a 7 year old a kid, we would agree, and an 11 year old calls a 14 year old a kid, we wouldn't say anything, so a 20 year old calling a 22 year old a kid is not wrong in my view.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Since we're talking about it, I don't mind Danish calling Rodon a kid. If a 5 year old calls a 7 year old a kid, we would agree, and an 11 year old calls a 14 year old a kid, we wouldn't say anything, so a 20 year old calling a 22 year old a kid is not wrong in my view.

I completely agree. I'm 23, played college baseball, and always would say that.

Side note, amazing what Sox have done this off season without giving up any of the top 10 prospects. Amazing.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
I completely agree. I'm 23, played college baseball, and always would say that.

Side note, amazing what Sox have done this off season without giving up any of the top 10 prospects. Amazing.

Technically, we had Ravelo as the #10 prospect, and Semien probably would have been around #4-6 had he qualified as a prospect.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 7, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Technically, we had Ravelo as the #10 prospect, and Semien probably would have been around #4-6 had he qualified as a prospect.

You are correct. However, I knew if we did make a trade, I knew that Sanchez, Semeien, or Johnson would be going.

• 4 weeks later...