Vaccinations

bmags

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)

Mahr with his typical medicine is evil (although it does good things, sometimes, I guess).

I don't know what the f*** he's smoking on this one.

So funny that this is the one issue that doesn't fall along party lines at ALL. You have wacko right wingers with their anti-vaxx conspiracies and you have ultra lefters doing the same thing.

Dumbasses all. :D

Disclaimer: That was not a personal attack at anyone who posts on this board. Soxtalk posters are exempt from my sweeping, blanket generalization.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
I don't know what the f*** he's smoking on this one.

So funny that this is the one issue that doesn't fall along party lines at ALL. You have wacko right wingers with their anti-vaxx conspiracies and you have ultra lefters doing the same thing.

Dumbasses all. :D

Disclaimer: That was not a personal attack at anyone who posts on this board. Soxtalk posters are exempt from my sweeping, blanket generalization.

Well, they're not exempt from mine. If you post on Soxtalk and are an anti-vaxxer, you deserve ever ounce of ridicule you get, and please stop posting here.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)
Well, they're not exempt from mine. If you post on Soxtalk and are an anti-vaxxer, you deserve ever ounce of ridicule you get, and please stop posting here.

Two strikes makes a guy say things he doesn't mean. :crying

It shows the futility of "winning" an argument with these people when something like "they treated my dad for ulcers incorrectly" as an absolute against biology and medicinal science, but the millions and millions of cases of the success and improved health outcomes are proof of nothing.

What killed me about the whole thing is the smugness that comes with being able to say "climate change deniers are just delusional morons" while they themselves have become vaccination deniers. He says the two situations aren't comparable but i'm not really sure how they aren't. In both situations you have an overwhelming amount of people saying one thing, and just a handful of deniers, and the deniers have been debunked. And then that prayer chick says "oh but disagreement is a good thing!" without realizing how that same logic should apply to other scientific "controversies" but clearly doesn't.

I mean I can agree with a very general statement that Mahr has said before - we're an over-medicated/treated society. We go overboard on a lot of things that we don't need to go crazy over (prescriptions, anti-bacterial soap, elective surgeries, diet s***). But Jesus that was some head in the sand nonsense. I also liked how he threw in weird comments like "and they say 2 drinks a day is good for you....how about zero drinks a day!"

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
What killed me about the whole thing is the smugness that comes with being able to say "climate change deniers are just delusional morons" while they themselves have become vaccination deniers. He says the two situations aren't comparable but i'm not really sure how it isn't. In both situations you have an overwhelming amount of people saying one thing, and just a handful of deniers, and the deniers are all debunked. Yet that prayer chick can say "oh but disagreement is a good thing!" without realizing how that same logic applies to other scientific "controversies."

I mean I can agree with a very general statement that Mahr has said before - we're an over-medicated society. We go overboard on a lot of things that we don't need to go crazy over (prescriptions, anti-bacterial soap). But Jesus that was some head in the sand nonsense. I also liked how he threw in weird comments like "and they say 2 drinks a day is good for you....how about zero drinks a day!"

Bill Maher is a moron when it comes to anything related to medicine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
I don't see why celebs are against vaccinations. Isn't it medically proven people NEED them?

Well no, humans lived without vaccinations for millennia. Vaccinations just keep lots of people from dying because they randomly were exposed to a disease.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
I don't see why celebs are against vaccinations. Isn't it medically proven people NEED them?

his ex is Jenny McCarthy. So he probably has a little bit different perspective due to her