2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
Eddie Goldman to Bears. Should be a nice space eater. Would have also been okay with the OT.

Me too, was kind of hoping for Fisher.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
Eddie Goldman to Bears. Should be a nice space eater. Would have also been okay with the OT.

Space eater is a good call not much of a pass rusher at all.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 1, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Space eater is a good call not much of a pass rusher at all.

Which isn't what you are looking for out of your 3-4 NT. This should be really nice and he does a good job commanding double teams, etc, thus freeing up the LB's and other playmakers. Solid athlete and in my opinion not much difference in him vs. some of the NT's that went sooner. Really like this and fills a major need position (since Ratliff is the only NT we have right now, imo). We'll have to see how our lb's perform, given the new guys and people moving to the position as part of the new scheme.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:53 PM)
Which isn't what you are looking for out of your 3-4 NT. This should be really nice and he does a good job commanding double teams, etc, thus freeing up the LB's and other playmakers. Solid athlete and in my opinion not much difference in him vs. some of the NT's that went sooner. Really like this and fills a major need position (since Ratliff is the only NT we have right now, imo). We'll have to see how our lb's perform, given the new guys and people moving to the position as part of the new scheme.

I am ok with the pick he is a 2 down run stopper player.

Edited by Soxfest

Bears selected Oregon C Hroniss Grasu with the No. 71 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Grasu (6'3/297) made 52 starts for the Ducks, earning second-team All-American honors as a senior and first-team All-Pac 12 in each of his final three seasons. His most notable 2014 performance came versus Washington, neutralizing Huskies NT Danny Shelton. An admirably consistent blocker with a highly competitive playing attitude, Grasu is a center only but has pro-ready traits. He has big hands (10 1/4"), plus movement skills (5.01/5.03 forty), and is a physical battler.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 1, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
Bears selected Oregon C Hroniss Grasu with the No. 71 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Grasu (6'3/297) made 52 starts for the Ducks, earning second-team All-American honors as a senior and first-team All-Pac 12 in each of his final three seasons. His most notable 2014 performance came versus Washington, neutralizing Huskies NT Danny Shelton. An admirably consistent blocker with a highly competitive playing attitude, Grasu is a center only but has pro-ready traits. He has big hands (10 1/4"), plus movement skills (5.01/5.03 forty), and is a physical battler.

I like it. Bears have drafted 3 starters so far.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
He's the best all around NT in the draft. Shelton is a pure space eater. Did you ever watch FSU?

Yes and everyone that talks about him says he will come out in nickel and dime situations because he is not a pass rusher.

Im hoping they take a chance on Clemmings. Yes he has a foot issue right now, but its the 4th round and the Bears aren't winning anything this year anyway so he can be brought along slowly.

That or if they are thinking about kicking Long outside, Tre Jackson would be nice to plug in at OG.

Darryl Williams is probably better than Jordan Mills so Id. consider him as well.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
The 2nd/3rd round picks look solid. Not many NTs in a 3-4 scheme are going to be considered "pass rushers", but that really isnt their job.

Seriously. 2 down player is a reality for many NFL players. If they are great on those two downs that's a huge deal.

Bears selected Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford with the No. 106 overall pick in the 2015 draft.

Langford (6'0/208) succeeded Le'Veon Bell as the Spartans' bellcow, rushing 577 times for 2,967 yards (5.14 YPC) and 40 TDs. He added 39 receptions in his college career. Langford ran the fastest forty (4.42) among running backs at the Combine, but had pedestrian numbers in the broad jump (9'10") and three-cone drill (4.22). Langford doesn't play as fast as he timed and lacks tackle-breaking ability, which severely curtails his chances of becoming a lead NFL back. He does have soft hands and is a willing pass blocker, so perhaps Langford will carve out a career on passing downs. He'll compete with Ka'Deem Carey and Jacquizz Rodgers for reps.

RB 2nd straight year in round 4 for Bears............Forte UFA after 2015

This pick seems like a reach to me.

Edited by Soxfest

I'm not sure there can be reaches on day 3. 32 teams are ranking 250+ players. Imagine how much those lists start to diverge after 100. I'd prefer mike Davis, but it just sucks to look at this draft and now that last year is a complete wash save Fuller.