World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)
Crowd still not into Roman boo birds are out. I do not get Sheamus winning at all? I have no interest in watching him carrying the briefcase around the next year.

He'll get hurt sooner than later

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 04:05 AM)
The return was blah. Staredown, nothing done. Seemed like a waste of time to bring him back like that.

The crowd was expecting it and the announcers pretty much no sold it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 05:47 AM)
The crowd was expecting it and the announcers pretty much no sold it.

If Lesnar is still on a deal with limited appearances, it was stupid to blow one on this. At least have him come out early on so word can get out and maybe the ratings get a bump with people tuning in to see what happens later. His return was a non-factor.

I picture what Ross would be saying.

What in the hell is this animal doing back here? He was suspended indefinitely?!! Bah Gawd the carnage he inflicts! We're not safe!

Cole: oh my. Brock is back.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:06 AM)
If Lesnar is still on a deal with limited appearances, it was stupid to blow one on this. At least have him come out early on so word can get out and maybe the ratings get a bump with people tuning in to see what happens later. His return was a non-factor.

Ratings did get a nice bump cause everyone did know he was there.

But ya, pretty much a waste of an appearance, that said I'm definitely looking forward to Brock-Seth.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)

But ya, pretty much a waste of an appearance, that said I'm definitely looking forward to Brock-Seth.

Should be held off until SummerSlam.

I doubt their working on a limited appearance contract anymore. He's signed relatively long term. He's probably the one who has to work a certain amount of dates to fulfil his contract, and with options to show up whenever of course. I don't think wwe would book themselves into a corner again.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
I doubt their working on a limited appearance contract anymore. He's signed relatively long term. He's probably the one who has to work a certain amount of dates to fulfil his contract, and with options to show up whenever of course. I don't think wwe would book themselves into a corner again.

He's been gone for 2 and a half months, there may be a few more appearances but he's definitely only going to be around on a limited basis still.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
What happens at Battleground? Brock has to win, right? He's not an attraction if he loses. DQ? Lame.

Why would Brock not be an attraction if he losses?

I'm hoping Seth wins clean and "Stocks it to the authority". He doesn't necessarily have to be a face to stick it to the authority. He's been against them for a few weeks now anyway.

Beating Brock would make Seth even more legit.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)

The third hour was the lowest-rated of the night, so some people must have given up on him making an appearance.

It's going to be interesting how the Brock/Seth buildup plays out. It seems like they're prepping Seth for a face turn, but Brock is so over with the crowd right now.

Then again, aligning with H and Steph is a sure-fire way to make sure Brock is full heel.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Why would Brock not be an attraction if he losses?

I'm hoping Seth wins clean and "Stocks it to the authority". He doesn't necessarily have to be a face to stick it to the authority. He's been against them for a few weeks now anyway.

Beating Brock would make Seth even more legit.

Brock's return 3 years ago was pretty stale, until he beat the Undertaker. Yes, it's a show, but if he loses clean to a guy much smaller than him, who wouldn't stand a change in a real fight against him, that mystique is gone. You'll see.

I'm starting to think that WWE is not satisfied with Seth's reign and brought Brock back early to get the title back and have a big marquee match at SummerSlam with him. Hope I'm wrong. Seth's matches have been good. Too bad he is stuck in writers hell.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
Nature Boy Buddy Landell passes away at 53 injuries from a car wreck............. RIP

He was only 53? Wow. He was young when he was on the scene.