World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
We need a new thread tomorrow or starting whenever. That should be the op.

Last year we decided to do a new thread on WrestleMania every year. Thought this NXT show would be the last of this thread.

There is a lot of things WWE does to annoy the living s*** out of me. However, many of these things are generally 'smart for business' or at least, they make money with their philosophy.

However, one thing that I can't understand for the life of me is why the King of the Ring PPV was taking away.

You get 8 or 16 mid-card wrestlers, have a great tournament, and boom a winner is born with great honor. There are some flops, but this is a perfect opportunity to create a star!

Obviously, it was back in 2015, but no longer a PPV or marque event, kinda useless IMO.

Meanwhile, we have something like 13-15 ppv's with gimmicky names like Elimination Chamber or Money in the bank or TLC or Hell in a cell. (rofl).

Why the hell did they change the PPV names to be gimmicks? Such corny bs.

At least, I can understand this -- they make money off the PPVs so more ppvs is a good thing for business. Whatever.

But why not have the KOTR, it was once known as a big 5. That's like the equivalent of taking away survivor series for no reason.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
There is a lot of things WWE does to annoy the living s*** out of me. However, many of these things are generally 'smart for business' or at least, they make money with their philosophy.

However, one thing that I can't understand for the life of me is why the King of the Ring PPV was taking away.

You get 8 or 16 mid-card wrestlers, have a great tournament, and boom a winner is born with great honor. There are some flops, but this is a perfect opportunity to create a star!

Obviously, it was back in 2015, but no longer a PPV or marque event, kinda useless IMO.

Meanwhile, we have something like 13-15 ppv's with gimmicky names like Elimination Chamber or Money in the bank or TLC or Hell in a cell. (rofl).

Why the hell did they change the PPV names to be gimmicks? Such corny bs.

At least, I can understand this -- they make money off the PPVs so more ppvs is a good thing for business. Whatever.

But why not have the KOTR, it was once known as a big 5. That's like the equivalent of taking away survivor series for no reason.

I loved the KOTR when the did the whole 8 man bracket on one PPV. Even the semis/final ones felt important. They would just waste whoever won them anyway these days.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
I'm hoping they are doing Joe vs Balor as opposed to Zayn vs Balor because the plan is to have Joe win and both Zayn and Balor come up full time.

....Then go into a Joe vs Nakamura feud which would be sick.

Balor club is supposed to debut on Monday Raw

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 06:49 AM)
Bryan Alvarez-"As of Today The Hell in a Cell is Going on Last"

I think on Raw they called it the "main event" at one point too. They really have no option, if VMK is going to still push Reigns as a babyface they can't end Mania with a showering of boos on him. It will be bad enough it will be 2nd to last, but they'll have an over Shane and one of their most popular stars of all time close out the show to help mask it.

First thing to note: Several fans from the Dallas area have noted that local advertising and merchandise at the WWE Axxess events are listing Triple H vs. Roman Reigns as a no disqualifications match. This opens the door for outside interference in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match between the two.

Next, a very interesting read on possible outcomes of WM vs. Realistic outcomes.

http://rajah.com/node/51432

I particularly like the idea of Reigns joining up with Vince and going full on heel to embrace the boo's and get HHH/STEPH out of scene for a while. That way, either Shane or Undertaker can win and you can evolve a Shane vs. Vince rivalry over then next few months.

Edited by iWin4Ron

They need to do away with any authority angles for a long long time. If they were creative enough, they wouldn't need it. Just have an unbiased commissioner like character or something. Like Regal does in nxt.

There is at least one other major surprise, that is planned for the show, that very few people are being told about, it is not Anderson and Gallows, The Balor Club, although they are expected to debut soon, I did have one person tell me they were flying in during Wrestlemania, and I don't know if that means if it's actually during the show that's when their flight lands? But, they are going to be here this weekend, and they should be debuting at any time. I don't think they are going to debut in the HIAC match, maybe they'll debut on the undercard? Or maybe, I think it's most likely, the most likely scenario, is that they are going to debut the next day on Raw. But that is not the big surprise - it could be John Cena, but I don't think it's John Cena, only because it's pretty well known that John Cena has been Tweeting and training, and making it very well known, that he is going to do whatever he can to make an appearance at Wrestlemania, so you have to think about other REAL BIG names that could make a BIG SURPRISE appearance at this year's Wrestlemania, and I will add that there is a very good possibility that everybody will have a very good idea about who that person might be late Saturday night, I'll just put it that way."

Bryan Alvarez, WOR, 3/31/16

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
That was my guess too. Maybe involved in the cell match since he's got a long history with both in the match.

He's also in Dallas this weekend

Kurt Angle ‏@RealKurtAngle Mar 30

I will be appearing this Saturday at @wrestlecon in Dallas, Tx from 11-2 as part of @Tmartpromotions See You there! #itstrue

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
First thing to note: Several fans from the Dallas area have noted that local advertising and merchandise at the WWE Axxess events are listing Triple H vs. Roman Reigns as a no disqualifications match. This opens the door for outside interference in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match between the two.

Next, a very interesting read on possible outcomes of WM vs. Realistic outcomes.

http://rajah.com/node/51432

I particularly like the idea of Reigns joining up with Vince and going full on heel to embrace the boo's and get HHH/STEPH out of scene for a while. That way, either Shane or Undertaker can win and you can evolve a Shane vs. Vince rivalry over then next few months.

I cannot remember a match of this magnitude being so up in the air. I honestly have no idea who wins the HIAC match