Bench clearing brawl

southsider2k5

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
I don't, but I know what Yordano said and did. Is there something he could have said that would validate Yordano's behavior?

If you watched this whole game and came to the final conclusion that Robin doesn't have control of this team then I don't know what you've really learned in your 35 years. There was about 10 story lines that you could gripe at. Picking on Robin shows a previously developed bias.

I swear to god if Robin just started screaming nonsense in the air like buffoon every third game he wouldn't have one complaint from all of the meatballs that are trying to scapegoat him. He was a silly hire but he has nothing to do with the problems yesterday and away from not calling a replay in DET, he has nothing to do with the problems this season.

Ehhhh Rabbit that's a stretch. Calling for bunts with guys who don't know how to bunt and batting LaRoche in situations where he's an auto out are some primo examples of mismanaging.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
I don't, but I know what Yordano said and did. Is there something he could have said that would validate Yordano's behavior?

If you watched this whole game and came to the final conclusion that Robin doesn't have control of this team then I don't know what you've really learned in your 35 years. There was about 10 story lines that you could gripe at. Picking on Robin shows a previously developed bias.

I swear to god if Robin just started screaming nonsense in the air like buffoon every third game he wouldn't have one complaint from all of the meatballs that are trying to scapegoat him. He was a silly hire but he has nothing to do with the problems yesterday and away from not calling a replay in DET, he has nothing to do with the problems this season.

Meatheads? Really?

So only the "smart" baseball fans have the secret knowledge about what Ventura has done so well since mid-September, 2012?

You're a mod. I would expect more rationalism and less Chris Rongey, to be perfectly honest.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
Now you're saying Eaton had absolutely nothing to do with it....hard to believe, knowing Eaton.

Sure, we can say 80/20 or 70/30, but nobody can claim to be completely blameless.

And nobody forced him to turn around and go back towards Ventura, either. The baseball "code" I guess.

He ran to 1st base first, then when he turned around and came back, Ventura was already walking towards him. The very act of his walking to his dugout would have put him right into Ventura's path.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
Meatheads? Really?

So only the "smart" baseball fans have the secret knowledge about what Ventura has done so well since mid-September, 2012?

You're a mod. I would expect more rationalism and less Chris Rongey, to be perfectly honest.

*Meatballs

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Exactly my point. Shark, Sale, have to be better. This is about who is managing these elements.....team-wide. When s*** like this happens, we don't need loose cannons deciding how many future games we're potentially going to forfeit.

Wish this team could just go out and consistently start beating people's brains in on the field two or three days in a row - but I guess at this point it's just too much to ask.

So they need fire and passion, but not when their teammates get targeted. Got it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
No, but you can't blame losses on the manager all the time, and last night was one of them. You have to score more than 2 runs to win most of the time, especially when you give up 2 in the first inning.

If a baskeball coach had a team that was losing 99-98 and one of their players shooting 90% from the line gets fouled as time runs out, is that coach great if the player makes both free throws and they win and dumb if the player misses both free throws and they lose?

The offense isn't working, that makes a team look lethargic.

This is the truth. These dudes gotta hit, period. If you want a scapegoat, fine, but at least admit that's what you're doing.

Personally, I'd much rather blame Avisail Garcia (just using him as ONE example, because he;s the most extreme IMO) for the fact that 80% of his at bats are hilarious-terrible. Better coaching? I don't f'n know, but I highly doubt more reps in the cage are going to fix his mess. I don't think Robin Ventura is up there saying, "Avi, you gotta decide to swing before he even throws the ball, man."

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Caulfield I cannot respond to your irrelevant tangents and arbitrary numbers any longer. I don't know what your "well of optimism" is but I root for the Sox no matter what. This is my team. I am not a fair weather fan. I don't start posting about whichever team miraculously makes it the the World Series (Royals), whatever team has excitement (Cubs) or whatever player is tearing the world up (Puig). I post about the White Sox. The only constant in my life whole life other than my family. You're a fair weather fan. If your willingness to root for the Sox is gone then go join a Royals forum and grace them with your links and percentages. You can come on back when their BABIP regresses and the horseshoe up their ass gets transferred to your next flavor of the week object of affection.

Personal attack. Suspend yourself please.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
This is the truth. These dudes gotta hit, period. If you want a scapegoat, fine, but at least admit that's what you're doing.

Personally, I'd much rather blame Avisail Garcia (just using him as ONE example, because he;s the most extreme IMO) for the fact that 80% of his at bats are hilarious-terrible. Better coaching? I don't f'n know, but I highly doubt more reps in the cage are going to fix his mess. I don't think Robin Ventura is up there saying, "Avi, you gotta decide to swing before he even throws the ball, man."

Some of Avi's at bats really are that bad. How come we have so many hitters that can't relax and take some pitches. He has three walks in 57 plate appearances and seems way too anxious up there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
Some of Avi's at bats really are that bad. How come we have so many hitters that can't relax and take some pitches. He has three walks in 57 plate appearances and seems way too anxious up there.

I'm afraid it might not be a matter of patience, but just actual pitch recognition and/or "baseball IQ." I think that was the same issue with Viciedo, and it's really a much more serious problem, because I'm not sure that a simple change in approach can fix it. It's really hard to tell from a fan's perspective, obviously, whether or not a guy is really trying to change. But if he just can't recognize the cues/pick up the spin in time, he's doomed to mediocrity even though he's so physically gifted otherwise.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
Levine is on WSCR now saying that Sale went to the Royals clubhouse/locker room after the incident to look for Ventura.

oh man, if true, reminds me of a Dick Buickus kind of move or using a baseball history, a Ty Cobb move sharpening his spikes as the other team exits the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I'm afraid it might not be a matter of patience, but just actual pitch recognition and/or "baseball IQ." I think that was the same issue with Viciedo, and it's really a much more serious problem, because I'm not sure that a simple change in approach can fix it. It's really hard to tell from a fan's perspective, obviously, whether or not a guy is really trying to change. But if he just can't recognize the cues/pick up the spin in time, he's doomed to mediocrity even though he's so physically gifted otherwise.

you are correct, but i would like to also add being hype and the blood flowing which i am sure these players are pressing to do better.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
you are correct, but i would like to also add being hype and the blood flowing which i am sure these players are pressing to do better.

I'd be more inclined to believe that if I had ever seen him any better, but I honestly just haven't. He's talented enough that he's going to get hot for a while when he's guessing well, but he doesn't look to me like he's improved at all since he's been with us. And I just can't by the notion that the coaching staff hasn't been trying to work with him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
Gotta say on this one...the Royals right now remind me of the recent Detroit Lions.

I hesitate to condemn our team for getting a little rough with a team that's embracing their "be a bully" side as a way to come together.

I will say that guys like Shark, Sale have to be better. They can go up to the point where they get suspended, but if they get beyond that and do draw a suspension, they physically cost the team wins. Ditto for anyone else who gets tossed.

good point, there is a time and place when it is necessary to make a point. a tie game, nah.

i am going to use this post, ok.

now for a misconception, maybe it is me or maybe not. Ventura was not walking toward Eaton. i feel as he was walking toward the dugout, yeah he was yapping, but look at it again, he was on the first or close to the first base line, between home and first, KC dugout the in that direction.

i blame this on Eaton as much as Ventura who was, and again i am going to use this word, animated in his talking.

This really sucks. Ventura's dumb ass started the whole thing and the Sox, as they are prone, go way over board in the response (Sale and Shark come off as complete meathead morons imo) and will probably bear the brunt of the consequences wrt to suspension.

It pisses me off man. It really does. This season is just a f***ing train wreck so far. AND THEY BLEW THE GAME TOO.

EDIT: VENTURA DOES NOT DESERVE ONE SINGLE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. HE IS THE COMMON DENOMINATOR IN THESE BRAWLS. f*** HIM.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
I'd be more inclined to believe that if I had ever seen him any better, but I honestly just haven't. He's talented enough that he's going to get hot for a while when he's guessing well, but he doesn't look to me like he's improved at all since he's been with us. And I just can't by the notion that the coaching staff hasn't been trying to work with him.

a good counter, i just think alot of the problems now are attributed to pressing.

at this time, everything is magnified, every good, and more so with all the bad.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
This really sucks. Ventura's dumb ass started the whole thing and the Sox, as they are prone, go way over board in the response (Sale and Shark come off as complete meathead morons imo) and will probably bear the brunt of the consequences wrt to suspension.

It pisses me off man. It really does. This season is just a f***ing train wreck so far. AND THEY BLEW THE GAME TOO.

EDIT: VENTURA DOES NOT DESERVE ONE SINGLE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. HE IS THE COMMON DENOMINATOR IN THESE BRAWLS. f*** HIM.

and what you are saying may very well be true, but each game actions should be based on that game. not a historical summation of what he has done in the past.

calling him an idiot and with any adjective added.... well i will agree. he is, but you can't blame him for being born like that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
and what you are saying may very well be true, but each game actions should be based on that game. not a historical summation of what he has done in the past.

calling him an idiot and with any adjective added.... well i will agree. he is, but you can't blame him for being born like that.

Uh no. This is his 3rd offense this season. A message needs to be sent with a 10 game suspension. He's clearly a mental midget that takes offense to the dumbest things during a game (like Eaton apparently stalling outside the box) and he's been directly involved in quite a bit of asshatery.

I can call him an idiot all I want because that's what he is.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
Uh no. This is his 3rd offense this season. A message needs to be sent with a 10 game suspension. He's clearly a mental midget that takes offense to the dumbest things during a game (like Eaton apparently stalling outside the box) and he's been directly involved in quite a bit of asshatery.

I can call him an idiot all I want because that's what he is.

calling him an idiot is a compliment.

the suspension will come from the powers to be. that is the only time that a re-occurrence of a infraction can be used.

A little disappointed in the overreactions by Sale and Shark but man f*** the Royals. They've played 4 teams this year and cleared the benches with three of them. One lucky playoff run due to Oakland s***ting the bed multiple times and now the players think they are baseball royalty. Punk ass b****es, Madison Bumgarner is my hero.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
A little disappointed in the overreactions by Sale and Shark but man f*** the Royals. They've played 4 teams this year and cleared the benches with three of them. One lucky playoff run due to Oakland s***ting the bed multiple times and now the players think they are baseball royalty. Punk ass b****es, Madison Bumgarner is my hero.

on a flip side, this action and reaction was pure 100% emotion.

i can live with the sox doing it, it is about time this team comes together.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)

This.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
Frankly, yeah. There has to be a "Don't ****ing get yourself suspended" limit.

if you are saying the players needed to be aware of that..... good luck. many knows when the emotional button is pushed, all the sane logic goes out the window.