Bench clearing brawl

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
I'm all for Ventura being replaced...he should have never got the job in the first place. But to say he did or said something wrong last night? No, I don't think he did anything wrong, or said anything wrong publicly. Chances are he's pissed at some of his players right now, as well as the Royals.

it's what he DIDN'T say that bothers me. I don't know. I'm really f***ing pissed today.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
it's what he DIDN'T say that bothers me. I don't know. I'm really f***ing pissed today.

With all due respect, you have no idea what he said, or didn't say, to his team. You are assuming he said nothing, beacuse he said nothing publicly.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/04/24/chris-sal...after-ejection/

Sale is managing to look worse than Samardzija by the minute...just wow about that last part. Cant have that from your ace...at all. Even Harrelson with all his us vs. the world bluster will recognize that...one can only hope.

http://twitter.com/MimonFishbaum/status/59...1635328/photo/1

Edited by caulfield12

I just wonder what happened where Sale thought it warranted going to the KC clubhouse. It appears Ventura has an interpreter for his interviews, so I would guess his english is limited. Makes me even wonder if whenEaton was chirping at him, he even knew what he was saying. He obviously knows a few choice words, but it would take more than a few f-bombs to get you so incensed you needed to go over there. I wonder if he tried something in the scrum.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
Did you ever play? It doesn't seem like. This "shaming" idea and letting cooler heads prevail seems like a societal approach that can't be applied to a bunch of testosterone filled athletes. On the field it's all about respect and having your boys back. Everybody good team has a chip on their shoulder one way or another.

It's worth noting though that we're now likely to lose a game or more because of that uncontrolled chip on people's shoulder.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
I just wonder what happened where Sale thought it warranted going to the KC clubhouse. It appears Ventura has an interpreter for his interviews, so I would guess his english is limited. Makes me even wonder if whenEaton was chirping at him, he even knew what he was saying. He obviously knows a few choice words, but it would take more than a few f-bombs to get you so incensed you needed to go over there. I wonder if he tried something in the scrum.

Jeremy Guthrie usually is his post-game interpreter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
With all due respect, you have no idea what he said, or didn't say, to his team. You are assuming he said nothing, beacuse he said nothing publicly.

You're right, I have no idea what was said.

However, I've been watching the White Sox for over 35 years, and my opinion is that I can tell when a manager doesn't really seem to have a hand in direction, control or handling of his team.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
You're right, I have no idea what was said.

However, I've been watching the White Sox for over 35 years, and my opinion is that I can tell when a manager doesn't really seem to hand in direction, control or handling of his team.

If Avi Garcia would have had a hit in either of the two plate appearances before his last AB when he did single, the Sox would have won the game, and your perception on how Robin handled last night most likely would have been different.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Is the obvious really worth noting?

When we're 5.5 games back just three weeks into April (two teams), notoriously slow starters....and have lost 15 of 18 to one of our main divisional opponents and counting, yeah.

That's also assuming CLE is dead...and that pitching staff will keep them in it all year if their offense and bullpen turn around.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
If Avi Garcia would have had a hit in either of the two plate appearances before his last AB when he did single, the Sox would have won the game, and your perception on how Robin handled last night most likely would have been different.

We played this game of what ifs for a decade with the Twins.

We lost. Thats the only relevant point...should have wons go right up there with the Cubs Attendance Trophies.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)

So, in your opinion, a manager is a completely useless position we can overlook, just as long as the players perform in the clutch? Gotcha.

So, why exactly do we have Robin Ventura as the Chicago White Sox manager, again?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
Scumbag pitcher hits our best player, scumbag pitcher tells our leadoff hitter to f*** off for no reason and it's Robin's fault the whole team got involved. That's a total copout. If you want to get made about something from the 3rd base dugout you get mad Sale/Samardzija went ape or that their teammates didn't do better to hold them off.

Ok, thank you for calling him Robin. I'm getting lost in posts trying to figure out which Ventura is which.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Scumbag pitcher hits our best player, scumbag pitcher tells our leadoff hitter to f*** off for no reason and it's Robin's fault the whole team got involved. That's a total copout. If you want to get made about something from the 3rd base dugout you get mad Sale/Samardzija went ape or that their teammates didn't do better to hold them off.

For no reason? Do you know what Eaton said?

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
For no reason? Do you know what Eaton said?

Gotta say on this one...the Royals right now remind me of the recent Detroit Lions.

I hesitate to condemn our team for getting a little rough with a team that's embracing their "be a bully" side as a way to come together.

I will say that guys like Shark, Sale have to be better. They can go up to the point where they get suspended, but if they get beyond that and do draw a suspension, they physically cost the team wins. Ditto for anyone else who gets tossed.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)

Now you're saying Eaton had absolutely nothing to do with it....hard to believe, knowing Eaton.

Sure, we can say 80/20 or 70/30, but nobody can claim to be completely blameless.

And nobody forced him to turn around and go back towards Ventura, either. The baseball "code" I guess.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
Gotta say on this one...the Royals right now remind me of the recent Detroit Lions.

I hesitate to condemn our team for getting a little rough with a team that's embracing their "be a bully" side as a way to come together.

I will say that guys like Shark, Sale have to be better. They can go up to the point where they get suspended, but if they get beyond that and do draw a suspension, they physically cost the team wins. Ditto for anyone else who gets tossed.

Exactly my point. Shark, Sale, have to be better. This is about who is managing these elements.....team-wide. When s*** like this happens, we don't need loose cannons deciding how many future games we're potentially going to forfeit.

Wish this team could just go out and consistently start beating people's brains in on the field two or three days in a row - but I guess at this point it's just too much to ask.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
So, in your opinion, a manager is a completely useless position we can overlook, just as long as the players perform in the clutch? Gotcha.

So, why exactly do we have Robin Ventura as the Chicago White Sox manager, again?

No, but you can't blame losses on the manager all the time, and last night was one of them. You have to score more than 2 runs to win most of the time, especially when you give up 2 in the first inning.

If a baskeball coach had a team that was losing 99-98 and one of their players shooting 90% from the line gets fouled as time runs out, is that coach great if the player makes both free throws and they win and dumb if the player misses both free throws and they lose?

The offense isn't working, that makes a team look lethargic.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Turns out, the Sox were out of sunflower seeds and Chris just went over to see if KC had any extra.

Maybe personally hand-delivering some leftover Chicago style kosher dogs after the Kauffman ebola laced Buck Night dogs from Aramark last weekend.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Caulfield in the "Bench clearing brawl" thread. Yup.

Apparently you're of the blind faith this is the 1983 White Sox and can continue to cede game after game in the standings.

After seven years and counting, that well of optimism is running just a bit thin.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Levine is on WSCR now saying that Sale went to the Royals clubhouse/locker room after the incident to look for Ventura.

hes just parroting some unfounded source from a reddit thread last night

source: i was posting in said reddit thread.