**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a well done season finale. Just seemed too chopped together. The longest scene was Cersei walk by a long shot...everything else seemed like quick 3 minute scenes.

Overall it was OK, battle of winterfell sucked, Brienne killing Stannis(miraculously finding him in the middle of a battlefield alive in the forest) was just too cheesy and tropish/cliche.

Myrcella getting poisoned was so obvious when she was kissed...Dorne overall gets an F this season, just terrible plot and writing for the whole section.

Mel hitting up the wall before "For the Watch" only strengthens her whole resurrecting Jon theory. Everything up at the wall was well done this season. I loved that and everything in Kings Landing. Dany's story was done well for the show...could've been better I think, but it was alright.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
Did anyone else find it a bit odd that Stannis died off camera like that? Seems like an odd choice.

Reminded me of Brienne's chapter where she was about to die, then it just ends...only to show up later in the next book.

The wall was the one saving grace of this season. The show writers are no longer doing a good job of showing the plot building upon itself, it's just advancing now like a two-bit ABC drama. But the dialogue was worse too, that Jaime/Myrcella scene, the horRENdous tyrion/jorah scene. The candle "turning away just in time" and myrcella death were so gimmicky. Just awful execution this year. Need a new set of directors.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
Kit says the show runners told him Jon Snow isn't coming back to the show. That is in direct conflict with what I think happens in the book.

That seems very unlikely for him not to come back, there seems way too much setup for Melissandre to give him the Kiss of Life and bring him back.

I haven't read the books, can someone explain the whole many-faced God storyline to me? I just didn't understand it. So they euthanize people, then take their faces to use as assassins? And then Jaqen killed himself, but he really killed Arya? The whole thing was just confusing to me in the show, maybe it makes more sense in the books.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
Kit says the show runners told him Jon Snow isn't coming back to the show. That is in direct conflict with what I think happens in the book.

I'm assuming they told him to say that. I can not imagine he's really done for. If he was, what would be the reason they'd send Melisandre back to the wall? She wouldn't go there for safety and she clearly looked troubled upon her return, like she knew she made a mistake and misread something.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 09:16 AM)
I haven't read the books, can someone explain the whole many-faced God storyline to me? I just didn't understand it. So they euthanize people, then take their faces to use as assassins? And then Jaqen killed himself, but he really killed Arya? The whole thing was just confusing to me in the show, maybe it makes more sense in the books.

Arya makes her way to Braavos and trains to become a faceless man. As part of her training, she becomes blind and works as a servant. In the books, she has not yet learned to change her face (that we know of). She also never killed Meryn Trant. In a released chapter from Winds of Winter she does kill Raff the Sweetling in a similar scene. Jaqen has not been seen since Harrenhall. The "leader" of the House of Black and White is someone else. It's actually rumored Jaqen is somewhere else, but if you'd like to know that spoiler you can look it up. The scene was set up to show how the faceless men can change their face and they aren't who they used to be, while Arya has not yet learned that. If you'd like more info, go to a wiki of ice and fire and look up the faceless men or the multi faced god.

He can't just come out and say he'll be back next season...that'll ruin the setup in the show. There are rumors/pics of him being in Belfast for preproduction. I believe season six starts filming within a few weeks...I know the outdoor environment shots for the wall and the North film in late September to November, but I'm sure inside shots and shots on built sets happen during the summer.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
He can't just come out and say he'll be back next season...that'll ruin the setup in the show. There are rumors/pics of him being in Belfast for preproduction. I believe season six starts filming within a few weeks...I know the outdoor environment shots for the wall and the North film in late September to November, but I'm sure inside shots and shots on built sets happen during the summer.

I am hoping that is the case but he was definitely pretty clear in his interview that he was told he isn't coming back and he mentioned he cried, etc, when he left. That said, he never got a gift for leaving so maybe that is his way of hinting it isn't really over. I hope he's just pulling everyone's legs, would make it that much cooler when he returns!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
I am hoping that is the case but he was definitely pretty clear in his interview that he was told he isn't coming back and he mentioned he cried, etc, when he left. That said, he never got a gift for leaving so maybe that is his way of hinting it isn't really over. I hope he's just pulling everyone's legs, would make it that much cooler when he returns!

They wont be able to hide it for very long. Once filming starts, he will be seen by someone and it will be leaked

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
Also, keep an eye on his hair. He's contractually obligated to keep it for Game of Thrones. If he changes it at all and is seen in public, that could actually be bad news.

IIRC, he has already cut his hair. That was what the Entertainment Weekly article reported. I guess that might mean that Snow comes back, but in the form of his beiwolf (sp?)?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
IIRC, he has already cut his hair. That was what the Entertainment Weekly article reported. I guess that might mean that Snow comes back, but in the form of his beiwolf (sp?)?

Most recent pic I've seen from the last week shows decently long hair...it's shorter but like inch or inch and a half off the ends

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Reading conflicting things, I took the Arya seen that she was about to warg, but others said she was blinded as punishment.

She's blind.

Ain't never seen no one warging complain that they can't see. Also, the books explicitly say so.

Honestly I don't think hair is an issue. There are extensions and wigs they could use. I think they are just putting some info out there to mess with everyone because nobody knows what happens going forward