**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 07:07 AM)
Book Stanis and show Stanis continue tor grow even further apart. I knew it was coming, but thought Stanis would need convincing....not that it would be his idea.

It was Mel's idea a couple episodes ago. Stannis just finally agreed to it because Ramsey and 20 dudes used their "knowledge of the north" to be invisible and destroy all the food, all the siege engines, and a bunch of tents (pfffffff).

Thought that was a pretty piss poor episode.

Worst scene:

"We received a threat in the form of my niece's necklace in the mouth of a snake"

"That necklace was stolen from me!"

*glares*

very subtle.

Yea, I thought Ramsay would have a more sinister attack in mind than setting some tents and horses on fire

The gladiator scene was awesome though. Except the part where everyone was in peril and Dany flies away while Mermont, Daario, and Tyrion just watch. The attackers just decided to stop trying I guess

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Thought that was a pretty piss poor episode.

Worst scene:

"We received a threat in the form of my niece's necklace in the mouth of a snake"

"That necklace was stolen from me!"

*glares*

very subtle.

Like I said, Dorne continues to be a terrible storyline, but I thought the rest of the episode was good to great.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
Yea, I thought Ramsay would have a more sinister attack in mind than setting some tents and horses on fire

The gladiator scene was awesome though. Except the part where everyone was in peril and Dany flies away while Mermont, Daario, and Tyrion just watch. The attackers just decided to stop trying I guess

He had 20 men and he destroyed all their supplies, siege weapons, and killed hundreds of horses. That's a pretty damn good attack.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)

Even worse, before Drogon shows up the Faceless Men decided to attack solo, despite having the group surrounded and outnumbered. Clearly the best strategy.

They also must have run out of CGI money. Holy crap was that whole scene terrible looking. I mean the stadium/crowd was fine, and some of drogon on his own was fine, but her flying was so bad. 80's tech bad.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
Like I said, Dorne continues to be a terrible storyline, but I thought the rest of the episode was good to great.

He had 20 men and he destroyed all their supplies, siege weapons, and killed hundreds of horses. That's a pretty damn good attack.

Yea but this is Ramsay. I was expecting someone to be kidnapped and flayed as well. It was a good attack, I just expected him to do something evil like he is known to be

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)
Even worse, before Drogon shows up the Faceless Men decided to attack solo, despite having the group surrounded and outnumbered. Clearly the best strategy.

They also must have run out of CGI money. Holy crap was that whole scene terrible looking. I mean the stadium/crowd was fine, and some of drogon on his own was fine, but her flying was so bad. 80's tech bad.

I can't disagree, the flying was super corny

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)

Don't confuse the Faceless Men with the Sons of the Harpy, way different groups (Faceless Man is what Arya is trying to become), just an fyi.

And why wouldn't one sneak attack be a bad choice? See if one can get by while people's attention are on the pit? If that failed, which took an epic spear throw by Jorah, then they bum rush them which is what they did. They easily would've had Dany if it wasn't for Drogon.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 08:37 AM)
Don't confuse the Faceless Men with the Sons of the Harpy, way different groups (Faceless Man is what Arya is trying to become), just an fyi.

And why wouldn't one sneak attack be a bad choice? See if one can get by while people's attention are on the pit? If that failed, which took an epic spear throw by Jorah, then they bum rush them which is what they did. They easily would've had Dany if it wasn't for Drogon.

I presumed he was referring to the end when they were all in the pit surrounded, but the Sons of Harpy kind of just one off attacked, vs. all of them rushing since they had numbers.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)

Ha, oops, my bad. Obviously meant Sons of the Harpy. Too many names to keep track of I guess.

Sneaking around was fine to start, i'm talking about when they had Dany and crew surrounded down on the arena floor. They had them covered from every angle and outnumbered them 4-1 or 5-1 it seemed. A major rush and there's no way of defending that. But instead a couple of randoms decided to go at it solo and were killed off. Obviously it was done to build some suspense before Drogon appears, but still, pretty dumb decision on their part.

Ah yea that makes more sense, probably the line of thinking, besides the suspense building, is that the Sons of the Harpy aren't a trained army so they lack true discipline to do something like that initially. A better way to have done it is to have a big rush of them and then Drogon come in and save the group.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)

About 20 got roasted, and most of the rest ran away

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
You sure? I really thought it was Hizdahr.

Hizdahr gets the blame, but the Shavepate is the one with the real motive. He's also the one who conveniently finds the confectioner and starts pointing the fingers at his enemy Hizdahr.

Not sure if it's legit, but there's a "Previously On" floating around for episode 10 and it contains a Benjen Stark flashback, which is even more interesting since the actor had been listed on IMDB's cast list for this episode.

If this is real and they're actually bringing him back in some capacity (alive or White Walker) rather than just having a dialogue about him, then we're talking serious book spoilers.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
Not sure if it's legit, but there's a "Previously On" floating around for episode 10 and it contains a Benjen Stark flashback, which is even more interesting since the actor had been listed on IMDB's cast list for this episode.

If this is real and they're actually bringing him back in some capacity (alive or White Walker) rather than just having a dialogue about him, then we're talking serious book spoilers.

Saw it. Only thing I see is he knows the parentage of Jon. What else would he be there for During a finally? Or maybe he's a white walker/other/coldhands/wight? Or maybe it was a BS preview...

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 03:15 AM)
Saw it. Only thing I see is he knows the parentage of Jon. What else would he be there for During a finally? Or maybe he's a white walker/other/coldhands/wight? Or maybe it was a BS preview...

Yeah, the parentage angle would make some sense. Still still seams like it would take a lot of time to reintroduce Benjen, him have dialogue with Jon about his parentage, & "For the watch"' happen. This doesn't include any other Castle Black storylines he may be involved in with Sam & Davos.

Pretty much every major story line should making an appearance tonight. Cersei's walk of shame (and introduction of Robert Strong), update on the Tyrells & possible release from jail, Arya's hit on Meryn Trant, Dany & Dragon's eventual landing (Red Waste perhaps), the other Mereen characters doing something, Sansa & Theon's escape, Stannis' march onto Winterfall, the other characters at Wintefell (Boltons & Brienne/Pod) doing something. Hell, if the preview is to be believed, then even Doran and/or Ellaria will be in it as well. And this assumes nothing for Varys or Little Finger, which are definite possibilities.

I really don't know how they'll have time to cover all their existing storylines and also do this Benjen angle. Regardless, this is shaping up to be one of the best episodes in show history. And from the looks of it, we'lll definitely have some spoiler material.