2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
I wonder if that site forgets about Tim Anderson.

Would be huge for the system to get Perez. Doesnt matter if Tim Anderson is in the organization. Having both would be spectacular.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
Would be huge for the system to get Perez. Doesnt matter if Tim Anderson is in the organization. Having both would be spectacular.

Years down the road, if it became an issue, you could always move one of them to another position. Honestly, it would be a great problem to have because it means we hit two home runs on drafting and development.

from klaw chat on 3-17-16

How far will Alec Hansen fall in the draft?

Klaw: Going to depend on his medicals, I think, which we’ll likely hear nothing about. Even if he continues to have a lousy spring, at some point, maybe in the sandwich round, a team will take a shot at him if they think he’s at all fixable or if it’s an elbow issue they believe can be treated.

http://meadowparty.com/blog/2016/03/17/klawchat-31716/

i see this and am interpreting this as he has an injury concerning his elbow.... any extra info???

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
from klaw chat on 3-17-16

http://meadowparty.com/blog/2016/03/17/klawchat-31716/

i see this and am interpreting this as he has an injury concerning his elbow.... any extra info???

If the White Sox were ever going to take a chance on a TJS pitcher, this would be the year to do so with the extra pick at 26. If you can get a 1-1 player at 26, and lose a year of development, you can afford to because you have picks on both sides of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 03:33 AM)
If the White Sox were ever going to take a chance on a TJS pitcher, this would be the year to do so with the extra pick at 26. If you can get a 1-1 player at 26, and lose a year of development, you can afford to because you have picks on both sides of it.

i totally agree on the strategy of what you are suggesting. but here is a guy who many thought would be or can be a #1 pick. just like hoffman several yrs ago, he may not last till #26.

a great post. i was going to suggest something like this on sunday, just to get people minds going. but here we go, like said, i don't know if he would be there at #26, would you think of going #10 ????

now here is the wild card, look at Jace Fry of the white sox. he blew out his elbow, his pitching elbow twice. that is the chance and here is the gamble.

again great post.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)

It reminds me of when Jays has two first round picks a couple years ago at like picks 9 and 11 and they drafted Hoffman, who was recovering from TJ surgery, with 11 since they had the extra pick.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
White Sox Mock:

1.10. Alec Hansen, Oklahoma, RHP (best college pitcher for 3rd year straight? 5th man to Sale, Q, Rodon, Fulmer by 2018)

1.26. Logan Shore, Florida, RHP (Another arm to bolster system)

2.49. Ryan Boldt, Nebraska, OF (High end college bat to bolster system)

3.86. Matt Thaiss, UVA, C (C is the biggest need by CWS and Thaiss should move quickly, big bat)

UPDATED Mock (It's come to my attention Hansen is having injury concerns and Thaiss is shooting up lists)

1.10. Connor Jones, RHP, UVA

1.26. Matt Thaiss, C, UVA

2.49. Ryan Boldt, OF, Nebraska

3.86. Ian Hamilton, RHP, Washington

(Still love Hansen as a prospect, if Sox take Thaiss at #10, I'd love him at #26 if available)

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 03:43 AM)
UPDATED Mock (It's come to my attention Hansen is having injury concerns and Thaiss is shooting up lists)

1.10. Connor Jones, RHP, UVA

1.26. Matt Thaiss, C, UVA

2.49. Ryan Boldt, OF, Nebraska

3.86. Ian Hamilton, RHP, Washington

(Still love Hansen as a prospect, if Sox take Thaiss at #10, I'd love him at #26 if available)

both the 1 and comp pick, i really like.

the one thing at #10, jones can really fly into the majors really quick, thing is, where is he projected to be in the rotation, a #3 or 4 or 5 kind of a sp???

but next yr, the sox still may be, after the fa leaves, shy 1 sp???

so that is why i am still looking on krook yr....

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
both the 1 and comp pick, i really like.

the one thing at #10, jones can really fly into the majors really quick, thing is, where is he projected to be in the rotation, a #3 or 4 or 5 kind of a sp???

but next yr, the sox still may be, after the fa leaves, shy 1 sp???

so that is why i am still looking on krook yr....

Jones is one of the safer bets in this class and should be a fast mover

The rotation next year should be Sale, Q, Rodon, Fulmer, and Johnson/Beck/FA

On Opening Day around Major League Baseball, UF lost its top pro prospect to back spasms after just 10 pitches. Junior A.J. Puk, a potential top-five overall pick in June according to Baseball America, left after his first pitch in the second inning.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2016040...-from-Texas-A-M

fla has a nice looking team, esp with peter alonso and JJ Schwarz leading the way hitting wise.

alonso, projected to be selected in the late 2nd round. for this yr draft. he is a switch thrower when on the mound pitching. this is one of the guys i am hoping the sox can select in the 2nd round. but he might rise to the comp round.

ref puk, a month ago, he only last 2 innings and having a horrid game. all the hype for him is really failing,.

Edited by LDF

Kyle Lewis is becoming my top choice at No. 10, but who knows if he will be available then. Beyond the insane power numbers (12 HRs in 108 ABs) and great average (.426), he has walked 33 times compared to 17 strikeouts. Love that type of plate control and discipline.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
Kyle Lewis is becoming my top choice at No. 11, but who knows if he will be available then. Beyond the insane power numbers (12 HRs in 108 ABs) and great average (.426), he has walked 33 times compared to 17 strikeouts. Love that type of plate control and discipline.

and here is where i am at a dilemma, i see his stats and the hype, but on the other hand, the level of comp is not what is considered top notch.

i just don't know.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
and here is where i am at a dilemma, i see his stats and the hype, but on the other hand, the level of comp is not what is considered top notch.

i just don't know.

That's the rub, but he did well in the Cape Cod League against top competition.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
That's the rub, but he did well in the Cape Cod League against top competition.

the cape talent is still not as good as elite comp in the ncaa tourney and way below that of class A. his number as of thurs of last week is impressive. that is why i really can't judge it.

rhetorical question, am i thinking too much in this...... prob.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/04/mlb-...onus-slots.html

The White Sox have close to $10 million to spend on the draft.

About $5.5 million of it comes in the first round. It will be really interesting to see what their strategy is, especially if there is an injured pitcher falling down the boards ala Giolito or Aiken.