2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
I saw A.J. Puk struggled again. Any of the high-profile college starting pitchers performing well so far?

alot of the fav's in the pitching dept took the time off. now they are hurting. not pitching in any of the leagues avail.

however, beside Sheffield, Logan Shore - 3 wins, Connor Jones - 3 wins, i really like this guy. another one that is surprising me is Jared Poche' - 2 wins from lsu....

i think one of the first 2 pitchers had a 2 hitter this weekend.

i am not following the college games as much as i was last yr.

so for my disclaimer, i an only assembling the stats and hearing little snippets .

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Here is some new video on some of the high school bats:

Will Benson:

Blake Rutherford:

Mickey Moniak:

benson, i just can't remember. he does that little hip shake that some old time use to do..... either ny yanks or some major power house hitter in the 70's.

dang, i wish i can remember, anyone has any clues???

Even More 2016 Draft Prospect Standouts from Jupiter

here is an old article on some prep players to watch out for. i was reading and catching up on some old mock draft and this one player, one mock draft had him being selected in the comp pick.....

Carter Kieboom (Walton HS, GA; Clemson commit), the younger brother of Nationals prospect Spencer Kieboom and Georgia junior third baseman Trevor Kieboom, has been a consistent performer on the summer showcase circuit. In Jupiter, he put his line-drive path on display for evaluators, showing above-average raw power potential by way of explosive hip action and bat speed. He’s fluid at shortstop, but his range will be better suited for third base once his 6-foot-2, 185-pound frame reaches maturity.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/even-more-2...er/#more-202566

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
benson, i just can't remember. he does that little hip shake that some old time use to do..... either ny yanks or some major power house hitter in the 70's.

D. Strawberry?

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 05:48 PM)

Joe Pepitone?

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
Baseball America posted their draft board today, would hate for it to go this way as a Sox fan

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/201...hzmFySw.twitter

Granted it is just a rating list, but if the draft went that way it would be amazing for the Sox.

10. Buddy Reed

25. Jordan Sheffield

48. Kyle Funkhouser

85. Ben Bowden

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Granted it is just a rating list, but if the draft went that way it would be amazing for the Sox.

10. Buddy Reed

25. Jordan Sheffield

48. Kyle Funkhouser

85. Ben Bowden

Personally, I dont get much of the hype surrounding Buddy Reed. He hasn't looked good in any of the Florida games I've watch this year. I think if things fell like this, my draft would look like:

10. Mickey Moniak

25. Carter Kieboom

48. Austin Bergner

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)

10. Buddy Reed

25. Jordan Sheffield

48. Kyle Funkhouser

85. Ben Bowden

Yeah no thanks to Buddy Reed. I don't think he's ever going to hit.

#10 conor jones or matt krook

comp rnd - braxton garrett if not there, zack collins or drew mendoza

2nd rnd - if pitchers picked in the first 2 picks,

brad debo cat - carter kieboom 3b - peter alonso inf or rf. however poche - pitcher, from lsu is looking good

Eye to keep a name on in the late late rounds: P Eric Palmer at Concordia University Chicago

He's a buddy of mine. Sox fan and having a pretty good season so far.

Sits 90-92. Tops at 93.

+ slider

Curveball shows plus, but hangs flat a bit

Average change

Sox have shown interest in him at games. Padres, A's, and Giants were at his last start.

If anyone wants to follow, he's on the mound tonight against Concordia Texas.

http://www.sidearmstats.com/concordia/baseball/

Edited by SoxPride18

i am bored some i looked up some of the fav's prospects performance from the weekend and their standsing.

understand these are my fav's.

Corey Ray - of, climbing and still going strong. too bad he will be drafted by the sox pick at #10.

Kyle Lewis - of, still hitting and hitting hrs.... still opening eyes

Connor Jones - sp, virginia --- still my fav, at 10 maybe if he is there, undefeated

Matt Krook - sp, still doing ok, mid 1st rnd, i still like him, coming back from TJS and pitching ok

Daulton Jefferies - sp, --- surprise pitcher for me, doing great, little on the pint size, a very optimistic 6'0''

Braxton Garrett - sp putting up some great numbers my 4th fav player, maybe will there for the comp pick. i doubt it.

Zack Collins - cat ---- he is dropping, not b/c of his skills, b/c there are new pitchers making a name for themselves. he has 5 hrs for a short season when the most is at 9hrs right now.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Eye to keep a name on in the late late rounds: P Eric Palmer at Concordia University Chicago

He's a buddy of mine. Sox fan and having a pretty good season so far.

Sits 90-92. Tops at 93.

+ slider

Curveball shows plus, but hangs flat a bit

Average change

Sox have shown interest in him at games. Padres, A's, and Giants were at his last start.

If anyone wants to follow, he's on the mound tonight against Concordia Texas.

http://www.sidearmstats.com/concordia/baseball/

Keep us updated.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:05 AM)

that k rate can't be right...that has to be a mistake

Conference play starts tonight. Jordan Sheffield vs. Dakota Hudson in a battle of possible first round picks tonight. Game is on sec network for those who get it

When I was at Vandy 10 years ago I went to pretty much every home game. The last few years they have been broadcasting almost all the games (at first on cbssports site which cost money, but free the last two years on secn+/watchespn) . I gotta say I have come to enjoy watching it more than the Bulls and Blackhawks. College baseball is such an untapped market. Obviously it helps when the team I follow has risen to national prominence and has been an mlb talent factory, but it's just so fun to watch

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
So every out he has recorded has been a K? And all 17 balls he let in play fell for hits?

Sorry guys, I trusted the site and didn't really check the stats. Here is his stats from the team website:

http://gosoutheast.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7...p;path=baseball

He faced the #1 offense in the OVC today and had 8 innings, 3 hits, 1 HR, 10 K. His walks are concerning but he does a great job getting out of jams from walks and errors from his defense (4 today).

http://www.d1baseball.com/player/joey-lucchesi-lucchjo43/

Looks like they fixed it minus the game today

Edited by BigHurt3515