2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

Anyone seen a comprehensive review of Senzel? He is an intriguing option in that he may be a fast mover that could make the jump quick, but he seems lower floor than some of these other guys.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
I really don't think they'll go pitching. College and HS bats are the strength of the draft.

I think they will continue to get the best pitcher they can in the draft, and then trade some pitching for hitting at some point. They don't seem to have much of an appetite for HS position players and not sure their is a college position guy that has a ceiling to warrant a selection at 10.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
I think they will continue to get the best pitcher they can in the draft, and then trade some pitching for hitting at some point. They don't seem to have much of an appetite for HS position players and not sure their is a college position guy that has a ceiling to warrant a selection at 10.

IMO, Kyle Lewis, Buddy Reed, Corey Ray all warrant a selection at 10 if they were available.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
Kyle Lewis looks great coming off that Cape Cod performance. I can't be the first person to compare him to Justin Upton. Too many similarities. Those small school guys make me nervous though.

I agree. I think this is a big year for Lewis coming off his great summer to maintain his current top 10-15 status.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)

I disagree. Hostetler mentioned that HS and College bats are the strength. I think they'll take a pitcher with one of their 1st 3 selections but I think #10 is a position player unless a pitcher falls.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
MLB.com's top thirteen prospects has six OFers and six pitchers.

BA's top seventen prospects has 10 pitchers and 6 outfielders.

Obviously were a ways a away but the guesses to me are college pitcher or outfielder.

Delvin Perez is a Puerto Rican SS that I expect in top 10. I'd rather look at HS bats like: Moniak, Will Benson, or Drew Mendoza instead of taking a pitcher like Jordan Sheffield. If one of the top 4 pitchers were there, that'd be a different story.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
HS SS Nolan Jones could be an option for White Sox at #10. Multi-sport athletic type that they like. Mickey Moniak is another HS OF that could be an option around #10.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/draft...rt-nolan-jones/

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/confi...-mickey-moniak/

I am writing a report on Nolan Jones and he reminds me very much of Michael Young. Scouts are divided on his home on the diamond, some think that he can stick at short, some see him moving to third as he physically matures and according to MLB Pipeline, some see him as a bigger second baseman. He has some solid bat speed and the the ability to hit is there.

He can throw low 90s off the mound too, but his future is with the bat.

Right now, I think 10 would be a bit of a reach for him and I think he gets drafted in the supplemental round, but if he has a hot spring, I could see him being drafted in middle/bottom of the first proper round, as high as 15.

Reading about Missouri baseball preview. Sounds like I should try to watch them this year. Would be interested in Reggie McClain in later rounds, Tanner Houck, obviously, and our ole Montas de oca.

Most of their intriguing talent is 2017 but sounds like there's good stuff like there used to be.

for me and my fantasy hopes, i see 4-5 unknown pitchers making a name for them selves in the 1st round. i see some of those college bats falling down to the comp rds or 2nd rounds.

that is why i am still ranting on getting more comp picks selections and yes, trade the 2/3 tier pitchers to get them the sox have a stock systems for those kind of pitchers.

oh well that is me.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
for me and my fantasy hopes, i see 4-5 unknown pitchers making a name for them selves in the 1st round. i see some of those college bats falling down to the comp rds or 2nd rounds.

that is why i am still ranting on getting more comp picks selections and yes, trade the 2/3 tier pitchers to get them the sox have a stock systems for those kind of pitchers.

oh well that is me.

Who would you trade for a competitive balance pick though? Teams covet those.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
Who would you trade for a competitive balance pick though? Teams covet those.

ok i am going to try to put this nice ... nice kind of a way. i hope it comes out that way.

before the off season, some teams, ok maybe 1 or 2 traded for comp picks, look at who they traded.... the sox have that beat by a country mile.

now the caveat or a another condition that changes this, the price of these picks, esp since the price of the SP's went drastically thru the roof. it may be different now.

btw, a great question.

Edited by LDF

From yesterday:

AJ Puk done after 4 IP. Ran into trouble in 3rd after clean first two frames. Mostly 90-94 w/ FB, flashed qlty swp SL and a few strt CH. 4IP, 4H, 4R, 0ER, 1BB, 4K.

Edited by Dunt