QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
nice, i can see

Corey Ray - of.

Bobby Dalbec - 3b/of/1b

Chris Okey - cat

of course the other pitchers like

A.J. Puk

Alec Hansen

the surprise is Boldt who is not having a nice cape cod time. that is if i am reading this right over the weekend.

now i am really torn on the positional players of ray, dalbec and okey. however i am still leery on okey. he will need to put up some decent numbers again.

thanks for the link.

Holy cow I have some brushing up to do. Too early for me yet, I'll wait until the season begins in February before I start my wish list. Right now I'm just trying to get familiar. :)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Thanks for the find. I will get familiar with some names.

In the 14 draft, I wanted Rodon, however, I did waiver back and forth between him and Kolek. But, I did want Rodon more than any of the 3.

In the 15 draft, I wanted Fulmer from the very beginning when we all realized that we had pick 8, if you don't believe me go look at that thread.

I do have a pretty good track record of getting our picks right, so you should all take my word :)

As for this year, I'm going have to do some research before making the pick that the Sox will eventually make

Right on SoxPride, keep that track record going. I'm hoping the BPA is a bat @ #10.

Edited by BlackSox13

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 03:37 AM)
Ah, so it wasn't actually a program? You were just copying and pasting? I wanted to do a similar thing this year and liked how you did it last year.

if you don't mind me giving some advice. but some of the admin wanted the link in the bottom.

i really don't know why, but i did as they wanted. it was not a problem for me.

do you want the link for the ncaa score web????

second, it was a bite on keep following the draft eligible players. i wanted to keep highlighted the first rounders ....

again i mean no offense.

btw, i been following the cape the last 2 weeks and the leaders are all over the place. the favorites struggling except for 1, which i will mention later.

the main college pitchers are not playing, which i was happy, considering all the injuries happening. last yr donnie deweese the scrubs 2 nd rounder happ the scrubs 1 rnd and thompson 3b had a great cape season.

this yr so far, bobby dalbec is putting up some monster hrs.... even tho is on avg of the others numbers. one blog had him hitting monsters shot. as fan graph wrote several months ago

Dalbec has some similarities to D.J. Peterson and Kris Bryant as a power college bat

i like this.

ref Ray, he is dropping but i don't think he is playing there.

here is the link.

http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/stats....amp;orderby=avg

I'm not opposed to the Sox taking a pitcher at #10 if he's the best player on the board but here is some stuff about some of the early favorites on the position players side.

Bobby Dalbec 3B Arizona 6'4 215

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...bec-3b-arizona/

Chris Okey C Clemson 5'11 195

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...okey-c-clemson/

Nick Banks OF Texas A&M 6'0 200

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...ks-of-texas-am/

Corey Ray OF Louisville 5'11 185

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...-of-louisville/

Blake Rutherford OF Chaminade, HS. California 6'3 190

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...ade-prep-hs-ca/

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
I'm not opposed to the Sox taking a pitcher at #10 if he's the best player on the board but here is some stuff about some of the early favorites on the position players side.

Bobby Dalbec 3B Arizona 6'4 215

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...bec-3b-arizona/

Chris Okey C Clemson 5'11 195

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...okey-c-clemson/

Nick Banks OF Texas A&M 6'0 200

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...ks-of-texas-am/

Corey Ray OF Louisville 5'11 185

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...-of-louisville/

Blake Rutherford OF Chaminade, HS. California 6'3 190

https://mlbdraftcountdown.wordpress.com/201...ade-prep-hs-ca/

very good post. you did a lot to assemble all this info.....

most excellent.

thank you for this info.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
btw, i been following the cape the last 2 weeks and the leaders are all over the place. the favorites struggling except for 1, which i will mention later.

the main college pitchers are not playing, which i was happy, considering all the injuries happening. last yr donnie deweese the scrubs 2 nd rounder happ the scrubs 1 rnd and thompson 3b had a great cape season.

this yr so far, bobby dalbec is putting up some monster hrs.... even tho is on avg of the others numbers. one blog had him hitting monsters shot. as fan graph wrote several months ago

i like this.

ref Ray, he is dropping but i don't think he is playing there.

here is the link.

http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/stats....amp;orderby=avg

I hope he's much more Bryant and much less Peterson

Some pertinent info to this thread from Kiley's prospect chat today:

Comment From Tim

Best college hitter in the 2016 draft?

Kiley McDaniel: Either Florida CF Buddy Reed or Louisville CF Corey Ray, both from Team USA this summer. Slight edge to Ray right now, but Reed has more upside and could overtake him this year. Both in the top 5-6 picks at this point for me.

Who is the group of 6 guys at the top tier of the 2016 draft?

Kiley McDaniel: RHP Alec Hansen (Oklahoma), LHP A.J. Puk (Florida), LHP Jason Groome (HS in NJ), CFs Corey Ray (Louisville) and Buddy Reed (Florida) and RF Blake Rutherford (HS in CA). No one I talked to specifically referenced that as the top tier, or called it a big 6 or whatever, but I think that’s mostly bc it’s really early. There’s some consensus that those are the top couple guys.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
Some pertinent info to this thread from Kiley's prospect chat today:

Comment From Tim

Best college hitter in the 2016 draft?

Kiley McDaniel: Either Florida CF Buddy Reed or Louisville CF Corey Ray, both from Team USA this summer. Slight edge to Ray right now, but Reed has more upside and could overtake him this year. Both in the top 5-6 picks at this point for me.

Who is the group of 6 guys at the top tier of the 2016 draft?

Kiley McDaniel: RHP Alec Hansen (Oklahoma), LHP A.J. Puk (Florida), LHP Jason Groome (HS in NJ), CFs Corey Ray (Louisville) and Buddy Reed (Florida) and RF Blake Rutherford (HS in CA). No one I talked to specifically referenced that as the top tier, or called it a big 6 or whatever, but I think that’s mostly bc it’s really early. There’s some consensus that those are the top couple guys.

excellent point.

the whole idea at this stage is what i really love, identify a hand full of prospect now with the info that is at hand. then wait to see how they develop in a new season while identifying the team needs.

i do like reed overall hitting skills stats last yr, but i still like to see him develop.

the main problem i have when the experts calls this player best hitter. there is really not standards. i mean rutherford is listed as the better hitter. Dalbec is considered a very good hitter with enormous power.

that that is the beauty of this at this point.... the unanswered questions and the trail to find that answer.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
Keep an eye on Drew Mendoza.

6'4 SS from LF, with a nice lefty swing.

2 things, he is a hs'er and where the sox are selecting, he is not an option.

second he is listed as maybe a later 1rnd'er right now.

now when the new season starts and end, there will be many changes ....

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 06:53 AM)

Why isn't he an option because he's a HSer?

The prep C Stephenson last year wasn't an option until he blew up late last year, and you wanted him quite a bit because he fit a position of need.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
Why isn't he an option because he's a HSer?

The prep C Stephenson last year wasn't an option until he blew up late last year, and you wanted him quite a bit because he fit a position of need.

i think the option would be for now, a college player.

i am talking about the sox preference to get the player closer to the big league faster. that is until when it is not needed.

the past several draft just happen lucky that the player who was there in the first round happen to be a college player.

again, i am talking about sox choices. your point that i wanted a hs catcher, well as someone else always put this out there.

show me the link on this sox talk draft that stated as such. i really wanted another pitcher or happ.

i really don't find myself going for a hs'er unless this is an exceptional talent.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
So we all thinking we will draft a hitter at #10? Who are the "targets"? I haven't read anything on prospects yet.

there is really no right or wrong prospect at this early stages and it is still based on opinions.

so any of the mock draft who has been link to will give you a working knowledge of what is out there.

for me, i really like the sp puk and i really like the 3b Dalbec.

there are some hs'er who may get link, but i really don't look at them... very little info coming in about them.

also remember many changes from now until next draft will be change.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
i think the option would be for now, a college player.

i am talking about the sox preference to get the player closer to the big league faster. that is until when it is not needed.

the past several draft just happen lucky that the player who was there in the first round happen to be a college player.

again, i am talking about sox choices. your point that i wanted a hs catcher, well as someone else always put this out there.

show me the link on this sox talk draft that stated as such. i really wanted another pitcher or happ.

i really don't find myself going for a hs'er unless this is an exceptional talent.

I think we college player with 1st pick and high ceiling HS player if/when we get the comp pick from Samardzija.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
I think we college player with 1st pick and high ceiling HS player if/when we get the comp pick from Samardzija.

excellent thinking and i feel that is how Hahn see it as well. the hs in the 1 rd is a long deal. esp with the state of the system,

who knows when the team get stronger and better. also it will become more of a move when the teams starts selection in the late teens and the 20 picks.

just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 06:53 AM)

What do you mean he is not an option, every player who declares themselves eligible is an option.

What does being a HS'er have to do with anything? Especially when the new scouting director has said multiple times that he prefers HS'ers to college kids.

I never said that he should go at 10 to the Sox, I said keep an eye on him. And you even said that there is going to be many changes over the course of the season, then why bring up any of the things you did.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
So we all thinking we will draft a hitter at #10? Who are the "targets"? I haven't read anything on prospects yet.

I think the targets are going to be the best player available. If the Sox are going in thinking we have to take a hitter at 10 and a pitcher with the comp pick or whatever, their draft is screwed

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
What do you mean he is not an option, every player who declares themselves eligible is an option.

What does being a HS'er have to do with anything? Especially when the new scouting director has said multiple times that he prefers HS'ers to college kids.

I never said that he should go at 10 to the Sox, I said keep an eye on him. And you even said that there is going to be many changes over the course of the season, then why bring up any of the things you did.

at this point i am taking and you knot it.

i never remember Hahn saying he prefers a hs to a college player... i would like to see this if you can find it.. if not oh well we are both wrong.

you did to keep an eye on his and i responded at where the sox are selecting, he is not an option. b/c all things being equal, he is, at this time not rated in the top 10 which i acknowledge and i even put in my disclaimer that who know when draft day comes around.

so relax....

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
I think the targets are going to be the best player available. If the Sox are going in thinking we have to take a hitter at 10 and a pitcher with the comp pick or whatever, their draft is screwed

I agree. That's every draft in any sport. BPA

We need to find some hitters though. Still a year from seeing Anderson.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
We could definitely use some of those.

Yes but still take best player available regardless of position player or pitcher. I like them drafting and developing pitching personally as we can flip them for needs later on. That's why I can see a Quintana for multiple bats kind of deal in the off-season and then drafting pitching with the first few picks in the draft.