4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron

Quin

Probably one of the most dispiriting starts to a season I can remember in my 25+ years of fandom. Expecations verse reality, and the way in which they've lost combined with the thing in Baltimore, the fight in KC -- it's just a cluster of WHY, GOOD GOD WHY.

They can turn it around they are 3 under but FFS is there anything right now that points in that direction? This looks like a bad baseball club to my eye. Not 80 wins bad. Like 70 bad.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Another anecdote about Robin and Eaton from spring...Robin was doing a pre game interview with the opposing team's color guy and they asked him about Eaton. Robin said "He's going to leadoff and play CF for us, hopefully in 150 plus games". He said it so matter of factly that I had to watch it again. He said it almost like Eaton was...a family member or something.

I really think Robin is a nice guy but he's way, way, way too nice for this gig. Nobody fears the manager, it's obvious. And why should they. I refuse to believe that MLB players are this dumb on a nightly basis. We've seen it for the better part of 3 years now. Time to give him the hook.

Wow! Robin said Eaton was the leadoff hitter and CF and hopefully will play in 150 or more games?

You definitely have to fire him for that. That is just crazy. joe Maddon would never say something like that. The players just fear him.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ May 1, 2015 -> 02:44 AM)
No fundamentals whatsoever. No discipline. No passion. Awful.

This team is hard to like. They are dumb and boring. I can't imagine any casual fan wanting to spend their resources on this team.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
BS Williams picked him and Williams had a huge say on the extension.

If I'm Hahn then I go ahead and say "cya later". There's probably 10-15 clubs that would take him off our hands in a heartbeat.

KW is poison imo. Ever since '05 he has carte blanche with JR. Not good.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
BS Williams picked him and Williams had a huge say on the extension.

You said thie Sox are the worst by far. How is a new manager goimg to make a difference? Would Sale not give up hits? Would SamArdjiza not give up runs in Baltimore because the manager is different?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
You said thie Sox are the worst by far. How is a new manager goimg to make a difference? Would Sale not give up hits? Would SamArdjiza not give up runs in Baltimore because the manager is different?

Attitude of this team would change. You have never seen a new manger come to a team and they play better?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Dick Allen let me ask you a question: what does Robin need to do this year to get fired in your opinion? Fall 80 games under .500 for his career? Lose 100 games? Piss on a fan from a hotel balcony? I'm really curious.

I would see how this year goes. Firing him now accomplishes nothing. Samardziaj and Sale gave up 17 runs combined their last starts. As much as you want to blame Robin for that, it doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
I would see how this year goes. Firing him now accomplishes nothing. Samardziaj and Sale gave up 17 runs combined their last starts. As much as you want to blame Robin for that, it doesn't make sense.

I still say this franchise can't afford another 65-73 win season this year, so they need to show some urgency these first few months.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)

By that rationale, there isn't anything that RV could get fired for because he's not the one on the field doing it. He makes bad decisions and the total lack of fundamentals has to belong to someone. RV is that someone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)

It makes no sense to keep a guy well under .500 as a manager around for years also. Is the guy EVER responsible for anything?

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)

Players play harder for better managers. It's just a fact. In every sport, at every level. The manager/coach makes a difference.

QUOTE (icroca @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
And you're annoying because you can't spell.

Lol dude relax what bug went up your arse and died?

Edited by JoshPR