There's no way Eaton should be leading off come tomorrow

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2015 -> 06:13 AM)
Teams trade from their strengths. It is kind of a thing.

You mean like Ritchie for Wells/Fogg/Lowe?

Santos for crap.

Reed for likely crap.

Edwin Jackson for crap.

Hasnt worked out that well....except for Eaton in 2014.

And Im sure the DBacks still prefer AJ Pollock. They also had a surplus of outfielders.

His K and BB rates are basically identical to his ML career -- the difference is that his BABIP is .243, and, as a result, his ISO is down.

He needs for some balls to start finding holes. There's no better option at leadoff, we need to let him work out of it.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 8, 2015 -> 12:59 AM)
I don't think you want to add more pressure to Micah. Moving him into the lead off spot is equivalent to changing levels in the minors. If you believe in Eaton, you keep him in his spot. Numbers have a way if evening out. Don't touch Melky. He has the best bat control on the team. He's absolutely ideal for the 2 hole.

This exactly.

Also Hector Santiago still pretty much sucks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
You mean like Ritchie for Wells/Fogg/Lowe?

Santos for crap.

Reed for likely crap.

Edwin Jackson for crap.

Hasnt worked out that well....except for Eaton in 2014.

And Im sure the DBacks still prefer AJ Pollock. They also had a surplus of outfielders.

no one team is going to have 100% success in all their trades, but some have even worst luck, like KW's early trades. horrible results. now, on hindsight, many have come back and said, in his defense, look who the sox gave up. then i turn around show, look at the terrible drafting KW has done to draft that player.

the point is, it is too early to really judge the success of any trade, under Hahn regime. even the Reed vs Davidson trade. which i think was and still is, a bad trade. however i can see the reasoning of it.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
This exactly.

Also Hector Santiago still pretty much sucks.

QUOTE (staxx @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
Yeah Santiago is pretty bad. Eaton is going to break out of his slump, i can't believe we are even having this convo.

He has a 2.83 ERA this year while k'ing guys at a near elite level through 6 starts this year. He's been flat put dominant over his last 6 months of pitching. He doesn't go long in games still, but we'd kill to have him at the back of our rotation, let's be honest. His whip and fip are higher than normal, but they have been over the course of his career; they're broken when it comes to him. To say he sucks is simply not true.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
He has a 2.83 ERA this year while k'ing guys at a near elite level through 6 starts this year. He's been flat put dominant over his last 6 months of pitching. He doesn't go long in games still, but we'd kill to have him at the back of our rotation, let's be honest. His whip and fip are higher than normal, but they have been over the course of his career; they're broken when it comes to him. To say he sucks is simply not true.

That's fair, I'll back off of "sucks," but I think his ceiling is average. His K% is 20.4 and the AL rate is 19.5. That's nowhere near elite especially for a guy who walks as many hitters as he does, and while FIP may underrate him, you know that 2.XX ERA is not going to last. In 23 starts since May of last year, I count 7 where he completed six innings. That's simply not very good.

I would definitely take him in the back of our rotation, but that's not a high bar to clear, and then Jordan Danks or somebody would be our starting center fielder, so despite Eaton's slump I'd still do that trade again 200 times out of 100.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
no one team is going to have 100% success in all their trades, but some have even worst luck, like KW's early trades. horrible results. now, on hindsight, many have come back and said, in his defense, look who the sox gave up. then i turn around show, look at the terrible drafting KW has done to draft that player.

the point is, it is too early to really judge the success of any trade, under Hahn regime. even the Reed vs Davidson trade. which i think was and still is, a bad trade. however i can see the reasoning of it.

Oh, oh. Stand by to be criticized.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)

He doesn't suck but if Hector Santiago is elite then hot damn, let's trade Chris Sale for him. I mean, he has a better ERA than him and we all know that will last the entire season.

Sale - Shark - Q = fair for Santiago. A true #1 talent.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 23m23 minutes ago

Adam Eaton: 10-23, 6 Runs, 2 Walks during current 5-game hit streak

3 retweets 6 favorites

This is going to be the Mark Buehrle is not an ace thread of this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 23m23 minutes ago

Adam Eaton: 10-23, 6 Runs, 2 Walks during current 5-game hit streak

3 retweets 6 favorites

Anddddddd wanting to get rid of him turns back into happiness about the extension.