5/24 Sox vs Twins

flavum

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 24, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
No reason to believe this team will be no less then 14 out ofl first and 8 to games under when they next arrive back home. Time to blow this up.

Hopefully Samardzija keeps performing well and the team can get some good prospects in return for him.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
There are 4 teams between us and the 2 wild card spots already.

And we don't have the financial ability like 2012 to add 3-4 quality veterans.

Teams like Red Sox, Angels, Yankees, Mariners, Orioles, Tigers are all going to fight like mad to improve.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
I disagree, I would guess they trade him and then try to sign him in the offseason if they want him back.

I don't think they have anywhere close to the funds available to sign him this offseason, I don't think they're going to get offers for him that are better than the sandwich pick, and I think they're going to hang around "5 games under .500" where an occasional good series will push them close enough where they can convince themselves "Hey we should add to this rather than trade away".

Then they'll hit their usual late-season swoon.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 24, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
The Sox are the little b**** of the AL Central this year

Obviously the Sox don't care, so we shouldn't either. I gave up on this season long ago. To lose 4 in a row to a team and come back and lose 2 of 3 to the same team at home, lol. And the opponent is a s***ty team.

I wish I would have counted how many times opposing team's broadcasters have questioned the effort level and especially the focus of the White Sox this season.

Now the Twins are worrying about our attendance and the growing excitement surrounding the Cubs.

Pretty sad state of affairs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
To me, that just means the Indians played their way out of a being out of it.

The Sox aren't in the AL Central this season. They're in the AL Wildcard Division.

No they are not. This offense, defense and management are embarassing right now. The offense is something to behold it is so bad. I am tired of the pressing bulls***. There is no plan to their hitting approach. The swing like over anxious 12 year olds.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
I don't think they have anywhere close to the funds available to sign him this offseason, I don't think they're going to get offers for him that are better than the sandwich pick, and I think they're going to hang around "5 games under .500" where an occasional good series will push them close enough where they can convince themselves "Hey we should add to this rather than trade away".

Then they'll hit their usual late-season swoon.

I agree that they won't have the funds when it comes down to it, but they'll still consider pursuing him. Personally, I think all the resources need to go into finding a C and 3B.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
I disagree, I would guess they trade him and then try to sign him in the offseason if they want him back.

I agree, the Cubs traded him last year for a guy who is their starting 2B right now. No reason why the Sox can't do the same thing, plus he'll be in high demand because he's a UFA at year's end. Sox can get a nice haul for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I agree that they won't have the funds when it comes down to it, but they'll still consider pursuing him. Personally, I think all the resources need to go into finding a C and 3B.

i don't think they have "resources" at all. I think they spent them this year, unless they're willing to trade Rodon.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 24, 2015 -> 07:06 PM)
I wonder if Nolan Ryan can get enough money together to buy the White Sox. The only way this team turns it's future around is to have good baseball people in ownership. The organization is putrid from the ownership to the front office to the manager, coaches players and minor league system.

Could he buy the team? Any rumors?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 24, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
No reason to believe this team will be no less then 14 out ofl first and 8 to games under when they next arrive back home. Time to blow this up.

Yeah, please blow it up. Start acquiring young prospects who can actually catch a ball and hit a ball.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)

They will trade him for B Level prospects and will not have the resources next winter. Best plan would be to blow it up. Entire staff both mlb and milb need to go.