5/24 Sox vs Twins

flavum

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
Twins hitting so many homers vs the Sox. Never thought I would see the day they have more power than us.

The main difference is Dozier and Plouffe.

We simply dont have that type of pop on the infield.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Melky reminds me of Morel, where he is hitting the ball hard but doesn't have enough power to get it over the outfielder's head

Well he hasn't been that way his whole career. He's had good years with the bat beforehand so somehow he had more strength in previous seasons. I wonder what the difference might be this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
The main difference is Dozier and Plouffe.

We simply dont have that type of pop on the infield.

No, the main difference is Jose Abreu is an .800 OPS, 15 HR/season player right now. We're 7 HR behind them. Jose Abreu is 9 HR behind where he was at this point last year, and that was with the foot issue/DL stint last year.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
What does this even mean?

I was basically meaning that our pitchers keep giving up runs and the majority of the starting rotation has lost it completely, Noesi was brought in as a total project and it failed, Q was turned into a decent starter but has regressed this yr, Danks has lost it for a few years now yet we keep running him out there every 5th day like he is worth all the money he is getting paid. Rodon is a work in progress (mainly bc of his wildness). Carol is not a good starting pitcher in the majors and yet he will be getting some starts.

The only pitchers I have confidence in right now are Sale Shark and an occasional game from Rodon and Q. Our starting rotation is a complete project that has failed miserably so far this year. Something needs to change (pitching coach, personnel, pregame routines, bullpen sessions, something). I think it's gotta be their pregame routines bc everyone of our pitchers have BIG problems in the first inning.

WOW WHAT A PLAY BY SANCHEZ!!!