White Sox vs Rangers game thread 6/2/15

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck S.... nice guy on the broadcast.

But you guys that think he is good/better than Hawk.... Hawk can be annoying at times but please this guy.

All he does is ask Steve Stone questions...

Him plus 11-2 score making me want to cry.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
I bet they won't have the first pick in the 2016 draft. Care to wager?

No, I don't think they will either. Not to mention the fact that they've already got the lucky wins in the bag, they have so many hitters performing historically bad compared to their career totals that I can't help but imagine there'll be some improvement. But I would wager that they'll have a higher pick than the 11th pick they currently hold.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Chuck S.... nice guy on the broadcast.

But you guys that think he is good/better than Hawk.... Hawk can be annoying at times but please this guy.

All he does is ask Steve Stone questions...

Him plus 11-2 score making me want to cry.

He was cute for a game or two, but all he can do is ask questions, and it has gotten past annoying. I didn't think it was possible, but he tracks the ball worse then Hawk before eye surgery.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
No, I don't think they will either. Not to mention the fact that they've already got the lucky wins in the bag, they have so many hitters performing historically bad compared to their career totals that I can't help but imagine there'll be some improvement. But I would wager that they'll have a higher pick than the 11th pick they currently hold.

A really predictive number says they are the worst team in baseball and you won't take the bet? I guess it really isn't all that predictive.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
I make Noesi eat this inning no matter what happens rest of the way.

I agree. I don't know what happened to Jennings. He was cruising earlier this year, but the wheels have fallen off. Noesi better show he can pitch out of the bullpen or he is going to have to get a real job.

Kim Kardashian West @KimKardashian

Can't wait til my website is active! I'm gonna do live video streaming so every time someone talks s*** I can go blast the f--k outta them

Kim Kardashian should at least be a mod here. That undoubtedly be more entertaining than this season so far.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
I agree. I don't know what happened to Jennings. He was cruising earlier this year, but the wheels have fallen off. Noesi better show he can pitch out of the bullpen or he is going to have to get a real job.

If someone suggests he was overused for what his role in the beginning of the season called for...well, we're seemingly good at turning players who have gaudy NL stats into average or bad AL players.

That's a talent.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)

Can't wait til my website is active! I'm gonna do live video streaming so every time someone talks s*** I can go blast the f--k outta them

Kim Kardashian should at least be a mod here. That would at least be more entertaining than this season so far.

Your giddiness about White Sox losses is annoying enough. Kim Kardashian tweets in a gamethread is ridiculous.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)

Kim Kardashian should at least be a mod here. That undoubtedly be more entertaining than this season so far.

Hahahahaha

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Your giddiness about White Sox losses is annoying enough. Kim Kardashian tweets in a gamethread is ridiculous.

I can at least be proud of the manager who got us each a South Atlantic League championship ring in 1995...if the White Sox are going to get blown out by 13 runs, what else is there to discuss?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
A really predictive number says they are the worst team in baseball and you won't take the bet? I guess it really isn't all that predictive.

Do you deliberately do the whole 'don't address critical points of someone's reply and instead do a vague summary' or is it just that you are a little dim? I literally already explained the reasoning. The White Sox have already got 4 extra wins in the bag than the formula said they should have. Those wins are in the book and they're not changing, even if they were lucky. 4 wins can cover about 6 picks in the draft. So no, obviously I wouldn't take that bet. Not to mention I already said that I believe the Sox have certain circumstances that perhaps might make it a little worse than it should be. Not to mention it's a small data set. However, the point I was making is that I'd take it over their win percentage as it is.

I would send you some links on the predictive value of BaseRuns, but that would actually require reading and attempting to understand something rather than the smarmy strawmanning you do.