White Sox @ Rangers - 6/4/15 - 7:05 CDT - CSN

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 02:04 AM)
Under no circumstance does Davidson deserve a major league job. He'd be embarrassed by major league pitching, even in a platoon role.

He's actually doing quite well vs LHP these days.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
I gotta admit that this is where I agree with Hawk. If your team is struggling to score runs why sacrifice defense? I like Gordon at 3rd because Gillaspie is just too inconsistent.

Tell that to Brian Anderson/Mackowiak in 2006....or Andruw Jones/Kotsay over Thome in 2010.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
I gotta admit that this is where I agree with Hawk. If your team is struggling to score runs why sacrifice defense? I like Gordon at 3rd because Gillaspie is just too inconsistent.

These are dumb generalisations. It's about the valuation of the player as a whole. Sanchez is not providing anywhere close to enough defence to make up for his completely horrendous offence. At the moment, bar an enormous offensive improvement, the White Sox are much better with Beckham at 2nd and Gillaspie at 3rd.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 01:07 AM)
How many lefties have the White Sox faced? How would you feel about his chances vs, David Price?

Maybe he could run into one and hit a homer. That's more than I can say for about 5 of the hitters in the lineup vs LHP.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)

I'm fine with Gordon at 3B over Gillaspie for the time-being. But Sanchez has been so awful offensively, that's he actually provided the same amount of negative WAR as Micah in less games. Obviously Sanchez will improve with the bat, but we can't wait forever despite his defense. I'd say give him a few more weeks and start thinking contigencies.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
These are dumb generalisations. It's about the valuation of the player as a whole. Sanchez is not providing anywhere close to enough defence to make up for his completely horrendous offence. At the moment, bar an enormous offensive improvement, the White Sox are much better with Beckham at 2nd and Gillaspie at 3rd.

Thanks!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Very happy he fell to 3 last year.

(Not fell. More like, allowed to be baseball's Jordan).

The season before the race to the worst record was the Carlos Rodon sweepstakes, i think at times teams jist out dumb themselves. Houston could have Bryant and Rodon on their roster.

BTW Steve Stone, that is an obvious error.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
He's actually doing quite well vs LHP these days.

I'll admit I was surprised to see his splits, but I'm still skeptical of him having success at the major league level. If we fall out of the race, I'd try him in a platoon role. But right now I think it would be too risky.

Beckham 14/39 on the road trip (.359, and .302 the season against RHP, about 60 points less vs. LHP...which doesn't bode well for split time with Conor)

Alexei Ramirez now playing in his 1,000 game as a White Sox SS.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
this makes no sense, but thanks

The White Sox tried to shore up their struggling offense by benching their best defensive player for their worst...another factor in falling apart that 2nd half in 2006, and that pretty much ended Anderson's White Sox career in terms of him believing the organization had his back.

Edited by caulfield12

I really think we need to change up the lineup a bit. Give Beckham & Soto the bulk of playing time at 3B & C, while moving Melky down in the lineup.

1. Eaton, CF

2. Beckham, 2B

3. Abreu, 1B/DH

4. LaRoche, DH/1B

5. Avi Garcia, RF

6. Melky Cabrera, LF

7. Ramirez, SS

8. Soto, C

9. Carlos Sanchez, 2B