Chris Sale on the cusp of making swing-and-miss history

Whisox05

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
I wouldn't call "doing something that hasn't been done since 2002" as "making history," but very cool nonetheless.

Yeah? Take that.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 56s56 seconds ago

Chris Sale is the 1st pitcher in 115 years to record at least 10 K's in four straight starts and increase his strikeout total in each game.

Chris Sale has 4 straight starts with at least 25 swings & misses & 5 with at least 20. Our records go back to 2002. He's first to do either

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/610449943627714561

More on Sale: 4 straight of 25+ swings & misses. All other starters in MLB combined have 4 all season - & 2 were yesterday (Scherzer/Hamels)

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/610450516397699073

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)
Yeah? Take that.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 56s56 seconds ago

Chris Sale is the 1st pitcher in 115 years to record at least 10 K's in four straight starts and increase his strikeout total in each game.

that all.... what do you want us to do... clap. are we suppose to be impress???

:huh

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
That would be awesome but he will have to do it against a tough Blue Jays lineup on Monday. Stay tuned...

I do believe they've shuffled the rotation around and Sale will be going against Baltimore on Sunday. Also tough, but more manageable than Toronto, especially for a lefty.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
I do believe they've shuffled the rotation around and Sale will be going against Baltimore on Sunday. Also tough, but more manageable than Toronto, especially for a lefty.

Oh OK. I forgot about the day off Thursday.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/putting-chr...al-perspective/

I was hoping something like this would be written. Very cool article putting Sale's 8 game achievement in context of not the raw number of K's, but the likelihood of getting that number of K's in a game given the time period. The kicker is the chart at the very bottom... "the list of players with streaks of at least eight games when the rate of x-strikeout games was under 5%."