just watched the game on dvr

harkness99

Wow ....

I'm sure some people will bury their head in the sand.

Robin needs to go NOW.

I'm sure there will be some disagreement but I knew that game was over as soon as he pulled Sale.

We all knew.

7 game losing streak only 1 run... just too much pressure on Robertson (who has been mentally shaky to beging with)

Leave the pressure on the guy that can handle it.

Robin has ZERO feel for this game ZERO.

Wow what a total joke.

Not to mention this despicable offense.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
The bottom line is that the offense and defense is an abomination...the offensive futility is the story of the game(and the season) Not Robertson blowing a save or Ventura pulling Sale.

sure that been the bottom line all season and I don't disagree.

But the decision making and quality of play also falls on the coaching.

Maybe it was just me - but I saw that lose coming 3 innings ago when I knew Sales pitch count was going to be borderline.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw he could get one more inning.

Then I see Robertson up there and I knew it was game over for the Sox.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
It should have been game over with Robertson in relief in the 9th inning for Sale sewing up the win. That's what we signed him for and he is an excellent reliever. This whole team is snake bit

The pitching is snakebit...that's it. The offense is just bad.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
And if Sale was left in and gave up a run or two you would have made a thread stating we should have put Robertson in

Takes me back to the Angels game last year. Sale was dealing but up over 100 pitches. He ended up giving up a HR to Trout and Robin got absolutely blasted for not pulling him sooner.

Hindsight is a funny thing.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
And if Sale was left in and gave up a run or two you would have made a thread stating we should have put Robertson in

BullS***

I guess you missed the part where I said if Sale gave up a baserunner or two then put Roberston in.

But if they left Sale in we wouldn't have been having this discussion.

Sure as can GD be sure - they weren't touching him all game and he wasn't getting tired.

Those thinking Robertson was supposed to be the guy... well yeah earlier in the year I would have believed it.

But lately the guy has been shaky, he hasn't looked confident. - the situation, the losing streak - a 1-0 game.

The guy with the stones to handle it in this situation was Chris Sale and only Chris Sale.

I

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
Takes me back to the Angels game last year. Sale was dealing but up over 100 pitches. He ended up giving up a HR to Trout and Robin got absolutely blasted for not pulling him sooner.

Hindsight is a funny thing.

Not even close to the same thing - Was a 5-0 game and a bunch of other factors.

I'm not even going to argue that game because there were a lot of other things that happened (one being which I mentioned above,,, Sale giving up a couple baserunners)

That's just another example of failure though and its has Jackchit to do with hindsight - Not one thing do to with it.

I'm sitting there and watching the game- RIGHT when I see Robertson on the mound I turn to my wife and tell her this game is over- another loss.

She looks at me questioningly and I say this pitcher right here doesn't have his confidence lately.

Minutes later its a 2-1 game.

My wife says "If you know that ... how come the coach doesn't?"

Hindsight my rear end.

Now you could say well you just got lucky in the prediction there...

But be honest when we saw Roberston come in we knew what was going to happen.. we all did.

It was so obvious.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
I would've taken Sale out too, he threw 125 pitches his last start and you're playing a guy $11M to close games out in Robertson, who has been money but unfortunately had a bad outing.

If it was anything but a 1-0 game I MIGHT have put in Robertson.

I don't give a flying eff what I'm paying Robertson. Win the game. I'll put Robertson in when its the right move not just because I paid him (Robertson has been far from money lately)

But at the least I let Sale start the inning.

Pitch counts are so overrated.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
If it was anything but a 1-0 game I MIGHT have put in Robertson.

I don't give a flying eff what I'm paying Robertson. Win the game. I'll put Robertson in when its the right move not just because I paid him (Robertson has been far from money lately)

But at the least I let Sale start the inning.

Pitch counts are so overrated.

It was the right move, he's one of the best closers in the game. He had a rare bad outing.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
It was the right move, he's one of the best closers in the game. He had a rare bad outing.

It was the wrong move. Sale had plenty left. As soon as the first guy got on, you knew what was likely to happen. It did. He has had several bad outings. He is not a "lights out" closer.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
It was the wrong move. Sale had plenty left. As soon as the first guy got on, you knew what was likely to happen. It did. He has had several bad outings. He is not a "lights out" closer.

What if he leaves Sale in the game and he coughs it up?

Hilarious. If he leaves sale in and sale blows it you'd tear him apart.

Or if sale blows his arm out in July people would b**** about riding him too hard earlier in the season.

Your closer blowing it isn't robins fault. The defensive miscues and complete lack of offense might be robins fault.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
Hilarious. If he leaves sale in and sale blows it you'd tear him apart.

Or if sale blows his arm out in July people would b**** about riding him too hard earlier in the season.

Your closer blowing it isn't robins fault. The defensive miscues and complete lack of offense might be robins fault.

Pretty much ignored all the details I posted about the situation.

How and why pitchers blow their arms out is highly debatable... I see you are another believe in the fallacy of pitch counts.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
Pretty much ignored all the details I posted about the situation.

How and why pitchers blow their arms out is highly debatable... I see you are another believe in the fallacy of pitch counts.

I'm not. I'm simply puppeting things people would say if that happened. If Robin gets blamed for putting his closer into the game in the ninth then he cannot win with anyone.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
I'm not. I'm simply puppeting things people would say if that happened. If Robin gets blamed for putting his closer into the game in the ninth then he cannot win with anyone.

That could be.

If he left Sale in and Sale gave up a couple base runners - then he should bring in Roberston to be a hero.

Ventura has been watching the same Robertson we have been.

The guy has been very shaky lately (tied for league lead in blown saves).

It was the wrong move.

Today was different he didn't have the option to leave the most dominating pitcher in baseball in for 10 more pitches.

Robertson was the only choice.