AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Sale will now go strike out 21 batters at Wrigley to break Wood's record at Wood's old stomping grounds.

Tell you what Chris, you beat Wood tomorrow, you get a dollar per K to your choice of charities?

Anyone else in with this?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Hitless Wonders 2.0?

I've been thinking that for a week. Hitless defenseless wonders but damn Sanchez is fun to watch on defense. No way do the Sox send him back down . He's the pitcher's best bud/amigo. Love his range, his jump throws and a new wrinkle today, that under hand flip to 1st to complete the DP.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
I've been thinking that for a week. Hitless defenseless wonders but damn Sanchez is fun to watch on defense. No way do the Sox send him back down . He's the pitcher's best bud/amigo. Love his range, his jump throws and a new wrinkle today, that under hand flip to 1st to complete the DP.

You don't notice the defense at 2nd til you go from Micah to Carlos. Sanchez is a special defender

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
It's upsetting to me that instead of being happy and excited that the Sox won, I am more relieved that I don't have to hear the Cubs fans. Maybe I am weak and should know better but I am not the s*** talking type and the Cubs fans I deal with tend to be. I am going to the game Sunday as well so I wanted to be in good shape going in just so I don't have to deal with meatheads.

Obviously I am biased, but does anyone else feel like your regular Cubs fan is an especially uneducated fan? I am sure it has a lot to do with them losing 90+ games three out of the last four years and not winning a playoff game since Bush's first term but I find myself just nodding at their weak attempts to make banter. Yes, the Cubs have more fans at their Cubs and yes, if the season ended today the Cubs would be in the playoffs. I am just not phased.

They just seem out of the loop. Some guy was giving me s*** at the golf course and I tried to change the subject and said, "Is Rondon not the Cubs closer anymore?" and he said "Rondon is on the Sox." So I am not like, "No, not Rodon, Hector RONDON, the Cubs closer," and he says, "No it's Motte, the Cardinals guy, we don't have a Rodon." It's one guy, but still. So bad.

Please Chris Sale, be the best Chris Sale you can be so I can relax when we lose 2-1 or 1-0 on Sunday for Quintana vs. Arrieta.

Cubs have the second highest strikeout percentage in the majors.

Sale gonna have some fun.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:02 AM)
Watching the replay on Comcast....Bonifacio was out at 2nd on his steal. Thanks ump!

He must have really slowed down at the end or is just slow, then. The catcher got a late start throwing it and I thought Boni was safe by a mile. If he was out, he must have slowed down a lot near the end of the steal attempt. I thought he had that baby stolen in large part cause of the catcher's lousy plant and throw.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:19 AM)
It's upsetting to me that instead of being happy and excited that the Sox won, I am more relieved that I don't have to hear the Cubs fans. Maybe I am weak and should know better but I am not the s*** talking type and the Cubs fans I deal with tend to be. I am going to the game Sunday as well so I wanted to be in good shape going in just so I don't have to deal with meatheads.

Obviously I am biased, but does anyone else feel like your regular Cubs fan is an especially uneducated fan? I am sure it has a lot to do with them losing 90+ games three out of the last four years and not winning a playoff game since Bush's first term but I find myself just nodding at their weak attempts to make banter. Yes, the Cubs have more fans at their Cubs and yes, if the season ended today the Cubs would be in the playoffs. I am just not phased.

They just seem out of the loop. Some guy was giving me s*** at the golf course and I tried to change the subject and said, "Is Rondon not the Cubs closer anymore?" and he said "Rondon is on the Sox." So I am not like, "No, not Rodon, Hector RONDON, the Cubs closer," and he says, "No it's Motte, the Cardinals guy, we don't have a Rodon." It's one guy, but still. So bad.

Please Chris Sale, be the best Chris Sale you can be so I can relax when we lose 2-1 or 1-0 on Sunday for Quintana vs. Arrieta.

for me, all that bull crap goes back to the 70's. and back then it was the, as you called it, the meathead mentality. for me, being young, healthy and stupid with my friends, if the sCrubs fans were looking to dance, they found dance partners. now as an old fart, that b/s still gets my blood boiling. enjoy the freaking game.

in the 90's all the crap that gets started at the park is done, from the sCrubs fans. they should enjoy the game and watch the sox win. :headbang

Edited by LDF

I heard a lot of really dumb Cubs fans today. A lot showed up late and left early in our section too.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 06:14 AM)
I heard a lot of really dumb Cubs fans today. A lot showed up late and left early in our section too.

man, at a sox game, if the score was 1-0, i really don't see sox fans leaving.

on a side note, what a waste of money.

I was at yesterday's game and endured almost no s*** talking. In fact, the most I experienced was between me & a security guard, who wouldn't let me try to take a picture with Frank Thomas (who was sitting four rows in front of us). But to your point about dumb Cubs fans, we literally had one fan turn around in like the second inning and ask "Do you know who Frank Thomas is?". I honestly thought my wife, a diehard Cubs fan, was going to clock this woman. We were both completely mind boggled by this. IMO, both sides have plenty of knowledgable fans, but because the Cubs dominate the large casual section of Chicago (like the woman I mentioned), their fanbase oftentimes comes off uneducated & stupid.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
I was at yesterday's game and endured almost no s*** talking. In fact, the most I experienced was between me & a security guard, who wouldn't let me try to take a picture with Frank Thomas (who was sitting four rows in front of us). But to your point about dumb Cubs fans, we literally had one fan turn around in like the second inning and ask "Do you know who Frank Thomas is?". I honestly thought my wife, a diehard Cubs fan, was going to clock this woman. We were both completely mind boggled by this. IMO, both sides have plenty of knowledgable fans, but because the Cubs dominate the large casual section of Chicago (like the woman I mentioned), their fanbase oftentimes comes off uneducated & stupid.

It is also referred to as looking through rose colored glasses. As A White Sox fan since the late 50's, but living in New England, I use this site as my main source of following the team. But I am amazed by posts on this site. For example, in another thread, I see these comments on Saladino's ist game :

Made a couple loud outs on hard hit balls. Eventually, those are going to find holes into the outfield.

None of the 3 balls he put in play were hit hard.

Unless there was a doubleheader yesterday, somebody had too much to drink.........................