7.24 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
Barcelo's arm was pretty electric before he broke.

He was supposed to be the top prize in the white flag trade. I remember KW calling him a p**** because he didn't want to pitch because he said he was hurt. They had him examined and couldn't find anything. Bbut he eventually need elbow and shoulder surgery, so he was faking it.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Put Matt Cooper on a fast track til he fails, how about? Foolin' em pretty good at Kanny.

Anyone have a scouting report on Cooper stuff? Quick google search didn't yeild much info.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Anyone have a scouting report on Cooper stuff? Quick google search didn't yeild much info.

I watched Cooper pitch for 2 years as the Friday starter for the University of Hawaii. His fastball averaged 87-90 mph but he comes extremely over the top with his pitching motion resulting in a good downhill plane even though he is only 6' tall. It did not appear he had much more projection in his body but I hope the Sox coaches are able to coax 2-3 mph out of him. His plus pitch was a big breaking curve ball that he commands well.

This is my first post. I have lived all my life in Hawaii but became a White Sox fan when Chuck Tanner was hired as their manager back in 1970. Coach Tanner had great success managing the Hawaii Islanders (PCL) which my father and I had season passes.

QUOTE (rodh @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
I watched Cooper pitch for 2 years as the Friday starter for the University of Hawaii. His fastball averaged 87-90 mph but he comes extremely over the top with his pitching motion resulting in a good downhill plane even though he is only 6' tall. It did not appear he had much more projection in his body but I hope the Sox coaches are able to coax 2-3 mph out of him. His plus pitch was a big breaking curve ball that he commands well.

This is my first post. I have lived all my life in Hawaii but became a White Sox fan when Chuck Tanner was hired as their manager back in 1970. Coach Tanner had great success managing the Hawaii Islanders (PCL) which my father and I had season passes.

Very cool, and welcome!

QUOTE (rodh @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)

Haha, you have to live in Hawaii.

QUOTE (rodh @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)

welcome aboard.... this is a great site esp in sox info and prospects.

for coop, when he gets older, and with the coaches.... i hope he does add a couple of ticks on his fastball.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
welcome aboard.... this is a great site esp in sox info and prospects.

for coop, when he gets older, and with the coaches.... i hope he does add a couple of ticks on his fastball.

Thanks for the welcome. Probably seems strange having a Sox fan from Hawaii.

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I have to give props to all the posters and admins as this is one of the best forums in all sports due to the content and civility.

QUOTE (rodh @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 06:56 PM)

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I have to give props to all the posters and admins as this is one of the best forums in all sports due to the content and civility.

Nah we have quite a few posters who live in different areas, hell, different countries. There's a poster named DBAH0 for example who lives in Australia.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

QUOTE (rodh @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 11:56 PM)

that is cool, this sites has some great posters from England who i talked to, every once in a while.

as you are prob 5 hrs different. England is about 9 - 11 hrs different. but they once in a while listen to the games.

all i keep saying, the future looks great with the young prospects and the major is very close.

just enjoy the sox in any way you can.