7/26 Sox @ Indians 12:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
I'm not worried about the Royals and Cueto. I dont think they'll be able to resign him.

We've got a long way to go before we need to worry about the Royals anyways.

I just hope we can get something out of this s*** season, and that's something that adds to our future.

As much as I enjoy winning, I have a feeling if we sweep this series we won't move Jeff unless we're blown away.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
We've got a long way to go before we need to worry about the Royals anyways.

I just hope we can get something out of this s*** season, and that's something that adds to our future.

As much as I enjoy winning, I have a feeling if we sweep this series we won't move Jeff unless we're blown away.

Why would you move him for anything less?

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Since we're all GMs here, I'd move Avi to DH and bring up a RF (Shuck there maybe). Give LaRoche to some team that I trade Shark to. Alexei is playing much better. I'd move him too.

I think we've got more to gain by LaRoche somehow bouncing back from this than we do by dumping him.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
Since we're all GMs here, I'd move Avi to DH and bring up a RF (Shuck there maybe). Give LaRoche to some team that I trade Shark to. Alexei is playing much better. I'd move him too.

The question is; who will give you more offense, Micah, Shuck, or some OF in AAA?

And having Micah up here DHing, he can work with Sanchez and major league coaches on his defense every day before games and he can get starts here and there

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
It would be nice to free up some of his contract for next year

What are we going to free up, like $2 million?

No one is going to take on that contract right now. You'd have to eat quite a bit of it or flat out DFA him.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
Shocked that is all Reds got back makes me wonder on a Shark return.

Oh I'm not expecting a great return. I'm hoping for a trade with LA or TOR. We can't expect a great return on a rental. What I'm hoping is we hold onto Shark and pressure is on late.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
What are we going to free up, like $2 million?

No one is going to take on that contract right now. You'd have to eat quite a bit of it or flat out DFA him.

Just like Danks Sox are stuck with him another year.