Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Whatever sick of losing out on guys, whether we had the ammo or not it's just disappointing.

It's not just about having the amo or making a move to make a move. The Sox knew how slim their playoff chances were this year and they weren't willing to give up any assets for a rental. It makes complete sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Michael Fulmer to the Tigers...he's a solid acquisition

What would be really hilarious is if Dombrowski said..."We now feel 100% more confident than a week ago about our ability to beat the White Sox in 2016."

To top it off, we're going to go out and spend a billion dollars on Greinke or Cueto.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
It's not just about having the amo or making a move to make a move. The Sox knew how slim their playoff chances were this year and they weren't willing to give up any assets for a rental. It makes complete sense.

Then trade Samardzija. Doing nothing made no sense to me.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)

If they determined we had slim chances they should have used their best barging chip in Shark

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Then trade Samardzija. Doing nothing made no sense to me.

It is a little puzzling. I wonder if the Sox just had their minds made up not to trade him, or if the packages offered weren't good enough.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)

Then the part that doesn't make sense is not selling. At least Samardzija, c'mon.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
If they determined we had slim chances they should have used their best barging chip in Shark

QUOTE (RaySox @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
Then the part that doesn't make sense is not selling. At least Samardzija, c'mon.

I was just referring to the not getting Cespedes (or Upton, or any rental) part. I agree not trading Samardzija is a little puzzling.