Cespedes to the Mets according to Levine

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
If they don't think we can compete they should be trading Samardzija.

I agree but I think the FO was pulling in different directions and that took us out of a lot of early deals cause we couldn't make up our minds now we stay pat and its a win win for them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Phil Rogers ‏@philgrogers 39s39 seconds ago

#WhiteSox lose primary target, w/@MLBBruceLevine reporting Yoenis Cespedes to Mets. W/o trading Samardzija, CWS lacked chipto win bidding.

lol what? The Tigers got two two prospects I've never heard of from the Mets. How did we lack the chips?

Between Sale last night, Billy Pierce passing away, all the moves other teams made to improve themselves, Detroit getting a lot stronger for next season compared to a week ago...all of the excitement about the last two months of the season has kind of gone out of the balloon.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Between Sale last night, Billy Pierce passing away, all the moves other teams made to improve themselves, Detroit getting a lot stronger for next season compared to a week ago...all of the excitement about the last two months of the season has kind of gone out of the balloon.

Hahahaha the king of over reaction.

I second that. Definitely a little deflated.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Welp get ready for the Rick Hahn we tried speech. Cant wait for another one of those.

"We kicked a few tires, we got pretty close on a few, but I'm confident in this team we built. This is just year one of the three year plan."

The excitement the last 2 months of the season? LMAO.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)

Yet compared to 10 days ago, at least there is excitement to see the rest of the season. I'm not worried about the Tigers at all. They couldn't win with Price this year, but Norris will put them over the top?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
lol what? The Tigers got two two prospects I've never heard of from the Mets. How did we lack the chips?

Once again, great job with that farm system guys.

Always second best for a decade, seemingly started when we didn't have the pieces for Miguel Cabrera.

Without any quality depth and lacking the secondary pieces to get things done (see Astros, Blue Jays, Dodgers)...well, we shouldn't be surprised.

We can't (seemingly) trade Fulmer/Montas/M.Johnson/Anderson/E.Johnson and nobody wants whatever's left behind those guys.