Arizona Fall League

ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
i really like the update. many thanks for your hard work ...

now, i don't know, but for me, it appears as this yr group of AFL players the sox sent are not a good group.

now i am surprise in a couple of players....

Engel is really coming into his own, esp since June and July.... however being moved to 3b..... i hope he develops more power.

Delmonico - i have or starting to loose faith in him. i really had high hopes.

Pete - i like to see more of him next yr. he may be somebody to watch.

pitching beside Brennan and Leyer, i just don't know.

again many thanks to all who assemble this info.

He'll be fine. Still has an OPS near 800 so far in the fall even with a low BA. If he can still hit for power, than he'll be fine.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
i really like the update. many thanks for your hard work ...

now, i don't know, but for me, it appears as this yr group of AFL players the sox sent are not a good group.

now i am surprise in a couple of players....

Engel is really coming into his own, esp since June and July.... however being moved to 3b..... i hope he develops more power.

Delmonico - i have or starting to loose faith in him. i really had high hopes.

Pete - i like to see more of him next yr. he may be somebody to watch.

pitching beside Brennan and Leyer, i just don't know.

again many thanks to all who assemble this info.

I think it is overall a stronger group than years previous, but different. Years before, you'd get a couple really big prospects, a couple in the middle, then org guys. This year there is less high end talent, but zero org guys.

Peter Tago is the pitcher to watch more than any - and he has had a good year overall.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
oops

thanks for catching my mistake .... wrong plaer. it was

I think you meant 2B Jake Peter, who played one game at third, two in the outfield, and three at a customary second base. My guess would be the Sox are seeing if he could be a super utility guy moving forward.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
I think you meant 2B Jake Peter, who played one game at third, two in the outfield, and three at a customary second base. My guess would be the Sox are seeing if he could be a super utility guy moving forward.

dang it, i meant to write Peter's. i was typing fast to get back to the rep post.

many thanks for all who help.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)
I think it is overall a stronger group than years previous, but different. Years before, you'd get a couple really big prospects, a couple in the middle, then org guys. This year there is less high end talent, but zero org guys.

Peter Tago is the pitcher to watch more than any - and he has had a good year overall.

then it is my expectations and my being 100% gun ho on the minors system.

still i still like to read all i can on sox prospects.

hell yaah :headbang

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
He'll be fine. Still has an OPS near 800 so far in the fall even with a low BA. If he can still hit for power, than he'll be fine.

i hope he does, i just reread about his PED and suspension and i see shades of Flowers loosing his batting avg after.

i hope i am wrong.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
Where is the "moved to 3B" coming from?

someone already brought it to my attention and it has been amended.... i will i recap what i wrote.

i made a mistake and many thanks for correcting me. i was thinking of peters. i think

either way. sorry.

Engel is easily the most impressive CWS prospect in the AFL, 5 SBs to go to an awesome offensive statline, Glendale's catcher Andrew Knapp is an interesting trade target for s, AA catcher with some pop and a solid bat, he's in the PHI organization jammed behind Alfaro now, should be available

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 01:19 AM)
Engel is easily the most impressive CWS prospect in the AFL, 5 SBs to go to an awesome offensive statline, Glendale's catcher Andrew Knapp is an interesting trade target for s, AA catcher with some pop and a solid bat, he's in the PHI organization jammed behind Alfaro now, should be available

i like this info.... many thanks

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)

Engel's performance is the most impressive, but I'll still take Michalczewski over him for prospect value every time. I like Engel, but not as much as Trey.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Engel's performance is the most impressive, but I'll still take Michalczewski over him for prospect value every time. I like Engel, but not as much as Trey.

Northsider: Who do you like most, Engel or May?

Engel or May?

I would have said clearly May, a year ago. But I'm starting to get where they are about equal in my eyes. Both have plus speed, Engel may be just slightly faster. Both defend center field well. Engel has a much better arm. May has a better feel for hitting, but has no power. Engel has significant raw power, and his contact rates have improved (though still aren't great). Engel's ceiling is higher - his reasonable ceiling, to me, could be an above average starting CF in the majors. But May has a higher floor.

I'd suspect that when I vote for the new T30 in January, those two will be pretty close in rank.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 04:09 AM)
Engel or May?

I would have said clearly May, a year ago. But I'm starting to get where they are about equal in my eyes. Both have plus speed, Engel may be just slightly faster. Both defend center field well. Engel has a much better arm. May has a better feel for hitting, but has no power. Engel has significant raw power, and his contact rates have improved (though still aren't great). Engel's ceiling is higher - his reasonable ceiling, to me, could be an above average starting CF in the majors. But May has a higher floor.

I'd suspect that when I vote for the new T30 in January, those two will be pretty close in rank.

excellent analyses...... i am really excited. last yr, i was thinking that Engel would be a bust. i am glad i am eating my thoughts with a slice of crow.

many thanks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:25 AM)
Just using the law of averages, the Sox are due to have a guy like Engel and a few more actually break out, aren't they?

i don't know.... that is if i am understanding the question.

but in 2 more yrs, i see the outfielder prospects to start banging on the door, that is if they again do well next yr.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
Just using the law of averages, the Sox are due to have a guy like Engel and a few more actually break out, aren't they?

I think we'll pop one out eventually. There's also the law of decades of turds popping out so I dunno.