Potential Ventura replacements

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
There's 0% chance he gets an extension. They've done nothing to prove that he's worthy. Unless this team goes on a historical run to end the season.

If they don't fire him I expect he will get at least 1 more year. If you're not firing him you have to - don't want to have him become a "free agent manager" if the team overperforms next year.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
If they don't fire him I expect he will get at least 1 more year. If you're not firing him you have to - don't want to have him become a "free agent manager" if the team overperforms next year.

I really don't see Robin Ventura going the Ozzie Guillen route of needing to campaign for a contract a year year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)

No disrespect but even if somehow the Sox over perform next year, what team would really want Ventura?

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)
No disrespect but even if somehow the Sox over perform next year, what team would really want Ventura?

Mark

I don't think he is going to want another year of this. I think he resigns and says it is for family reasons. I guess there is a chance he then might accept some position in the organization such as scouting.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
I don't think he is going to want another year of this. I think he resigns and says it is for family reasons. I guess there is a chance he then might accept some position in the organization such as scouting.

i can see him in some sort of FO position.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 01:31 AM)
It's our bad luck that LaRussa, Leyland aren't 10 years younger and Lasorda 15-20 years younger. And Bobby Cox not 15 years younger. There are no good veteran candidates besides Gardy.

And Gardy is not a good veteran candidate. I don't want an old curmudgeon that has no interest in modern stats.