2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)
Brooks was not bad. He was pretty efficient when in the game. I don't know how 12 points, 3 assists, 1 rebound and 1 turnover on 5-9 is bad.

His defense was horrendous, and his four misses led to fastbreak points for Brooklyn.

Edit- He was so bad that he got benched for Hinrich in the 4th quarter

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
3-pointers:

Mirotic 4/8

Butler 3/3

Snell 2/4

McDermott 2/4

Brooks 2/6

Moore 1/2

Rose 0/1

-------------

Team 14/28, 50%

Rose should be fined a million dollars for every missed 3-pointer that he attempts throughout the season.

The dude can't shoot from downtown worth a damn and he's hurting the team by chucking up those shots each and every game.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
His defense was horrendous, and his four misses led to fastbreak points for Brooklyn.

Edit- He was so bad that he got benched for Hinrich in the 4th quarter

Lol that happens man. The entire bench was pretty bad all night.

Singling out Brooks when he at least contributed offensively is bad.

Noah and Gibson were horrendous. 1-7 shooting, 7 rebounds, 8 fouls, and 5 turnovers in 36 minutes of play between them. That's bad.

Edit: Also, Brooks was the only guy on the bench with a positive +/- with a +1

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
Rose should be fined a million dollars for every missed 3-pointer that he attempts throughout the season.

The dude can't shoot from downtown worth a damn and he's hurting the team by chucking up those shots each and every game.

Agreed. To be fair, his 1 3PA tonight was wide open and relatively late in the shot clock. Thankfully, it seems as if he's more driving-oriented this season. No more "Rose 1-7 from 3 point range" in the game recap

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
Lol that happens man. The entire bench was pretty bad all night.

Singling out Brooks when he at least contributed offensively is bad.

Noah and Gibson were horrendous. 1-7 shooting, 7 rebounds, 8 fouls, and 5 turnovers in 36 minutes of play between them. That's bad.

Noah was a train wreck offensively, and Gibson was poor offensively as well, but I wouldn't say they played poorly overall because their defense was solid.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Noah was a train wreck offensively, and Gibson was poor offensively as well, but I wouldn't say they played poorly overall because their defense was solid.

If 7 rebounds, 5 turnovers, and 8 fouls in 36 minutes is solid then ok.

If you say, they were bad offensively and "solid" defensively, Brooks was the opposite, so if you wanna say he was bad. Then you have to say all 3 were bad.

Edit:Noah and Gibson were a combined -23 when on the court

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
If 7 rebounds, 5 turnovers, and 8 fouls in 36 minutes is solid then ok.

If you say, they were bad offensively and "solid" defensively, Brooks was the opposite, so if you wanna say he was bad. Then you have to say all 3 were bad.

Edit:Noah and Gibson were a combined -23 when on the court

Defense isn't all about rebounds and fouls. I watched the game from start to finish and their interior D was good.

And everyone knows +/- is a BS stat. Joel Anthony was top-3 in +/- a few years ago. Joel Anthony. Noah and Gibson got burned by lots of lucky shots from Brook Lopez and flukey plays by the Nets guards, who they weren't guarding.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Defense isn't all about rebounds and fouls. I watched the game from start to finish and their interior D was good.

And everyone knows +/- is a BS stat. Joel Anthony was top-3 in +/- a few years ago. Joel Anthony. Noah and Gibson got burned by lots of lucky shots from Brook Lopez and flukey plays by the Nets guards, who they weren't guarding.

I watched the game form start to finish as well.

I think we'll just settle on our different opinions. Gibson and Noah didn't impress me at all on either end tonight, but it's early and they have a reputation of being solid. Just wasn't tonight.

Same with Brooks, just offensively. I'm fine with it.

Other observations-

Near perfect minute distribution by Hoiberg. Crucial in the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

Stacey King's new thing is "Moore Moore Moore!" for E'Twaun Moore... can't tell if I like it yet.

Snell's confidence must be at an all-time high.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
Other observations-

Near perfect minute distribution by Hoiberg. Crucial in the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

Stacey King's new thing is "Moore Moore Moore!" for E'Twaun Moore... can't tell if I like it yet.

Snell's confidence must be at an all-time high.

This early in the season, managed the minutes perfectly. Loved it.

My favorite Stacey King call is Korver's hot sauce or Marco "I like my meatballs spicy" Belinelli lol

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
I watched the game form start to finish as well.

I think we'll just settle on our different opinions. Gibson and Noah didn't impress me at all on either end tonight, but it's early and they have a reputation of being solid. Just wasn't tonight.

Same with Brooks, just offensively. I'm fine with it.

Brooks did have a good first half, but his second half (aside from the 1 3PM) to me was pretty sloppy.

And I do agree that Noah and Gibson were bad offensively. I just feel as if, when they come in for Gasol/Niko, there is a noticeable improvement in our interior defense.

I swear I would be so into this Bulls team if it was minus Rose. I am not a hater I promise but I just don't like his game, his attitude, his personality or his narcissistic focus. And I just can't get the idea out of my head that he let his buddies bang his girlfriend along with himself at the same time for fun...and he thought that was no big deal nothing to be ashamed of. Whatever dude.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
I swear I would be so into this Bulls team if it was minus Rose. I am not a hater I promise but I just don't like his game, his attitude, his personality or his narcissistic focus. And I just can't get the idea out of my head that he let his buddies bang his girlfriend along with himself at the same time for fun...and he thought that was no big deal nothing to be ashamed of. Whatever dude.

I'd tend to agree with you too. He's an overpaid, narcissistic, under achieving tool (for a lack of a better word) that only cares about himself.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)

He's shot 3 3 pointers this year. And only 1 of them was a bad shot.