2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)
What's everyone's take on Noah playing limited minutes? When the Bulls get outrebounded like they have been in all 3 games, it makes me think the small lineup is costing them too much.

It was really just Drummond manhandling Gasol on the glass the whole night.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
What's everyone's take on Noah playing limited minutes? When the Bulls get outrebounded like they have been in all 3 games, it makes me think the small lineup is costing them too much.

Noah's never going to be quite the same. I kind of want Gasol playing against the opponent's second team, but Hoiberg is an offensive guy.

As long as you have Rose and Butler where they are, the offense is going to have problems in terms of assists. Rose just takes so many awful shots.

Bulls just continue to be such a weird team.

They are currently built around a deep frontcourt that...gets outrebounded nightly.

We continue to focus offense through PGs that hold onto ball for way too long in the shot clock.

When we signed hoiberg we really should have prioritized getting new guards. Signing brooks was idiotic.

We won't get outrebounded if our bench bigs were the starters, but Pau is a lousy fundamental rebounder. Niko is still developing (I do have hope for him being a pretty good rebounder). It is also 4 games...so we have to consider the sample size.

At least we made it interesting towards the end I suppose. But man we were ugly for 3QTS.

I think the Magic have to end up trying to bring in a star of some sort by offering Vucevic and their 1st rounder to bring in a bonafide star at centre.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
At least we made it interesting towards the end I suppose. But man we were ugly for 3QTS.

I think the Magic have to end up trying to bring in a star of some sort by offering Vucevic and their 1st rounder to bring in a bonafide star at centre.

Rough position to look for a star in.

Did not get to watch, but the vines from Curry last night were so much fun.

One of my favorite Bill Simmons theories was how AAU ball has eliminated some of the more unique players because the same "successful" traits are hammered in early on.

Curry to me is the player that breaks the mold. He just sees different angles on the court.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
Did not get to watch, but the vines from Curry last night were so much fun.

One of my favorite Bill Simmons theories was how AAU ball has eliminated some of the more unique players because the same "successful" traits are hammered in early on.

Curry to me is the player that breaks the mold. He just sees different angles on the court.

This is going to sound preposterous but I quit high school basketball because I played in a similar fashion to Stephen Curry, except he is ion's better than me.

It's not just AAU, it's all organized basketball, namely my school (Catholic). Coaches take the fun right out of it by playing system ball, if you wanted to do something against the norm and you were successful at it, you ended up on the bench.

Guess how that worked out? Our team (filled with some of the best players in the nearby Chicago area) went 2-22, worst record in our schools history.

Note Reiteration: I am not comparing myself to Steph Curry other than the fashion in which we played in

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
This is going to sound preposterous but I quit high school basketball because I played in a similar fashion to Stephen Curry, except he is ion's better than me.

It's not just AAU, it's all organized basketball, namely my school (Catholic). Coaches take the fun right out of it by playing system ball, if you wanted to do something against the norm and you were successful at it, you ended up on the bench.

Guess how that worked out? Our team (filled with some of the best players in the nearby Chicago area) went 2-22, worst record in our schools history.

Note Reiteration: I am not comparing myself to Steph Curry other than the fashion in which we played in

Nazareth?