How many of last off-seasons "big" moves would the Sox make

maxjusttyped

24 members have voted

1. 1. How many of last off-seasons "big" moves would the Sox make again?

• Samardzija trade
    • Robertson signing
    • Melky signing
    • LaRoche signing
    • None of the above

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
Melky will earn his contract. Not even overpaid in today's games.

They'd sign Robertson too.

Shark trade was fine. Gave up a bunch of nothing to get an above average pitcher that had a below average season.

I think Melky's a flop cause of his production. Few homers, not enough RBIs. Robertson was OK closer. Shark trade was awful. I'd rather keep Semien and Phegs. They arguably coulda started this year.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
In lieu of the easy answer which is "None of them", I would still go with Robertson.

i am not sure if the main question is would the team make the same move, based on the GM opinion.

or should it means, if we or the selective individual, if he was the GM made the same or correct selection.

so from that. i was pretty adamant of certain players.

for me,

adam laroche, = i wanted another dh, but for the lack of not spending, i was ok with adam l to fill that hole. i really wanted K. Morales - dh kcr

melky - yes from the beginning. i wanted him

boni - for lack of anything else, i was ok with the backup plan for me, to getting boni. i really wanted a trade. i was not confidence on Conon G but i thought Bone will work as a backup.

i was extremely ranting on not getting another sp and getting a 3b but i was ok with boni. but i really wanted the sox to really get a sp. i really wanted e. vólquez - sp kcr.

oh well. this goes to prove i would be a lousy gm.

this yr, i even have more of a crazier ideas.... oh well.

Probably sign just Robertson and Cabrera.

They needed a closer. Badly. I could see why they overspent.

Cabrera has done everything they asked of him. They shouldn't regret signing him,

I remember we were all excited on here when they got Shark, too. Nobody expected him to turn out like this.

Semien and Phegley were expendable.

LaRoche. Well, he's another story.

This offseason will definitely be interesting, that's for sure.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
Probably sign just Robertson and Cabrera.

They needed a closer. Badly. I could see why they overspent.

Cabrera has done everything they asked of him. They shouldn't regret signing him,

I remember we were all excited on here when they got Shark, too. Nobody expected him to turn out like this.

Semien and Phegley were expendable.

LaRoche. Well, he's another story.

This offseason will definitely be interesting, that's for sure.

How different would the team have fared with Adam Lind, Miguel Montero, Melky Cabrera, Samardzija, Duke, and Robertson as the additions? The Sox apparently finished 2nd in acquiring Lind and 2nd in acquiring Heyward. They would have given up more prospects but that team would have been a lot better potentially.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
How different would the team have fared with Adam Lind, Miguel Montero, Melky Cabrera, Samardzija, Duke, and Robertson as the additions? The Sox apparently finished 2nd in acquiring Lind and 2nd in acquiring Heyward. They would have given up more prospects but that team would have been a lot better potentially.

I wonder what the asking price was for Lind and Heyward from us. That would of been remarkable if Hahn/KW could of pulled that off.